All Topics / Help Needed! / 11 Second rule

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of danborgdanborg
    @danborg

I am a keen property investor living in Adelaide, i generally invest in property looking for long term growth and never thought buying positive cash flow properties is possible in today’s market.

Can anyone help me with regards to finding properties that do fit the mould, as far as the 11 second rule goes. I just dont see how you can find properties that will yield 10% in todays market.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i truly beleive in Steve’s theories.

Also can anyone share in their own personal success stories with regards to finding positive cash flow properties.

Regards,

Dan

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hi Dan,

Do a search for the ’11 second ruke’ – This topic has been discussed countless times that we will just be repeating ourselves.

Look at the topics under ‘Tell Tale’ for the experience of others.

Regards,
    Geo.

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

<<<<<’11 second ruke’ >>>>>>

I did a search and cannot find anything under that ruke.

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

typo error – rule

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Profile photo of csoi009csoi009
    Participant
    @csoi009

I couldn’t find one as well.
    Even I found some properties are +CF, but there is a mining town. No one would agree with me. Or I found some properties in regional town, oh, there are just 10000 peoples around or less. I just wonder how can I rent out if existing tenant move out ?
    Say I just go through the megazine regarding Queensland property investment, I couldn’t find one if the area is expected a growth town or suburb.
    Eg Ayr is located at Queensland, there are lots of houses are worthy to buy. But can i found tenant to stay ???
    Anyone could help us as a new investor ?

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

hi,

do more research on demographics, industry in the area etc. What are the prospects? Why would prospective tenants live there? Are there plenty of jobs? etc etc.

r

Profile photo of crjcrj
    Participant
    @crj

You will often find there is a demand for reasonable quality rental accommodation in country towns. People might shift there for work on 2-3 year contracts and not want to buy for such a short time.

But as Richmond said you need to investigate the town. For almost all my working life (27 years) I have been in towns under 5,000 population. Investors rarely had problems renting out.

Profile photo of ProfiteerProfiteer
    @profiteer
    Originally posted by crj:

But as Richmond said you need to investigate the town. For almost all my working life (27 years) I have been in towns under 5,000 population. Investors rarely had problems renting out.

Hi People

Just on this topic, I have noted that a number of people have stated varying population sizes as a preference for towns to invest in. Notably, the smaller the population size the lower the cost of housing (Depending on location of course). Where do you draw the line for when chasing +CF properties on a limited budget and risk higher vacancy rates and the possibility of finding it difficult to sell when the time comes. Any thoughts on this?

MagnumPI (Property Investor that is)[blink]

Profile photo of scotty3scotty3
    @scotty3

It’s just like people have said before – do your research and have an exit strategy in place BEFORE you buy. I will buy in small towns but won’t hold for too long (one to five years before serious review). I have considered how long I will hold before I sign anything.That way you are minimising your risk.

Likewise, rather than just buy-and-pray, look at Steve’s latest strategies of making the profit – value-adding, etc. If it fits what the population wants, then you should do OK within your pre-set timeframe.

Cheers,
    Scotty3

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.