All Topics / Help Needed! / Books to read

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of blondie_becblondie_bec
    Participant
    @blondie_bec

Hi,
    Yesterday I bought Steve’s second book ‘$1,000,000 in 1 yr’ [biggrin]and have already got 0-130 (which I have already read) and Margret Lomas pocket book to positive cash flow investing. What other books would help me to understand positive cash flow investing better and the financial side of investing…. or should I just go get an accountant?[blink]
    Titles and authors of some helpful books and some feedback on what you learnt from them would be a great help.
    Thanks and thanks again,
    Blondie
    [cowboy][withstupid]

Profile photo of CalderCalder
    Participant
    @calder

Hi Blondie
    Jan Somers books, (I think there is two, maybe three) are others. Jan was the one who got me thinking harder about what I was doing. I even convinced my mortgage broker to read it (and he is very staid). He now hands it out to all his customers.
    Postitive cash flow books are great, but don’t forget to look at all sides to get the big picture. Peter Spann’s books are must reads, especially his second one. It is so full of information. The rich dad poor dad stuff is also good to read, although one of my sisters hated it. There are so many to read. If you go to an accountant, make sure they know about this positive cash flow stuff. There is possibly a book list on this site. I have never looked but if not, maybe there should be, as book questions seem to come up a lot. I read everything I can get my hands on because you can get something out of most books, even Anita Bells stuff (received some interesting comments not that long ago).
    Steve’s buyer beware package has spreadsheets to help and are very good. Also Jaffa’s site has a great calculator. A lot of work has gone into it, and it is worth looking up.
    Calder

Profile photo of WakeWake
    Participant
    @wake

Hi blondie

Go to Search (top LHS under forum boards) and type in “book reviews”. This will bring up quite a few postings where people have listed books they recommend.

Happy reading!
    Regards

Wake

Profile photo of Broome HendersonBroome Henderson
    Participant
    @broome-henderson

Hello Blondie,

I’m only young also, and loving the education aspect as well. I am passionate about the Rich Dad, Poor Dad series, which if you get to read 10 of them, your on your way to thinking like a better equipt person for the new economy. These books are very informative, which will create a different thinking process for dealing with problems you will face in the future. Good Luck.

Broome,

Do you want to be paid when people pay their telephone bills.
    http://www.homebizleaders.com/4537

Profile photo of kay-witkay-wit
    @kay-wit
    Profile photo of JuliaJulia
    @julia

Blondie,

Its not a book just a booklet but it is free. Go to http://www.bantacs.com.au to free publications and download the rental property booklet.

Julia Hartman
    [email protected]

Profile photo of lukis plukis p
    @lukis-p

jan sommers books are great and easy to read eventhough they are a little dated, but full of wizdom and good ideas. most librarys have her books i thouroughly recomend “story by story” (100 short true property investment tales) fantastic to read before bed. Each story is about a few pages long.
    Owning ip’s gives a feeling of pride accompishment and security for my financial future.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.