All Topics / Help Needed! / Tassie Properties

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of BonbeachBonbeach
    Participant
    @bonbeach

Gday

(Havent been here for a few weeks) – Just moved interstate from Sydney to Melbourne and that wears you out! [blink]

ANYWAY… [biggrin]

Does anyone have any experience with / or own any properties in Tassie, in particular the west coast? I am flying down next weekend, just thought I would get some background info and see if anyone knows any hints or tips about what to look for etc ;)

Thanks!

Luke [cap]

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

Can’t help you with the west coast sorry. Naturally prejudiced against it being from the north originally ;-)

Profile photo of BonbeachBonbeach
    Participant
    @bonbeach

hrmm

well thanks for your reply anyway haha

-but where else can you buy +ve CF properties in Australia for 50-60k???

[cap]

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

Devil the west coast of tassie is so remote and desolate that even real estate agents dont go there.

Most that sell properties there are based over in Burnie and have a roving rep to handle it. There isnt the volume to warrant an office and you cannot find a good property manager. I heard one town was renting properties through a milkbar as it was the only semi professional person in the town.

Its cheap but its also cheap for a reason. Beware.

But its great as a tourist one day drive through. Have fun.

DD

Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

As DD said be very careful. I do have a friend who has invested their, but I wouldn’t. It almost nigh impossible to get a tradesmen there (they come and stay over night, so you have to pay for that), and valuations can take absolute weeks to arrive (and because of the condition of the properties are usually undervalued from the contract price).

DD is right – No RE agents ever visit properties on the West Coast and no one provides property management services at all.

In terms of prices IMHO it’s already had it’s run – remmember these houses were worth $20K once (and have only grown in the last yr (for many years cap growth has gone backwards)… And with $20K houses as you can imagine the standards aren’t usually that high…

The east coast is very beautiful and I think much higer cap. gains are to be found over on that side (I have a few IPs on the east – much higher C.G). I find the east coast much easier to do business with (in terms of having RE agents, valuers are easier to get, etc).

My appoligies to anyone on the West Coast [smile] but IMHO the east coast is much better (more tourist go down that side rather than the West side for a reason!).

As DD said buyer beware down there!

Rgds.
    Lucifer_au

Profile photo of BonbeachBonbeach
    Participant
    @bonbeach

Interesting points… would be good to hear from anyone who has property there…

??? anyone ???

[cap]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.