All Topics / General Property / Warnbro set to Boom?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Profile photo of RoofarmerRoofarmer
    @roofarmer

Hi All,

Just wondering if anybody has looked at Warnbro in WA (near Rockingham, just south of Perth).

I found some info on the new railway to open their in December 2006. The train will link Warnbro to Perth and the ride will take only 36 minutes. See this link:

http://www.newmetrorail.wa.gov.au/Default.aspx?tabid=385

I truly believe that this area with it’s beautiful award winning beach and new train station is set to boom. Other areas such as cottesloe further north have much higher property prices than the average 4 bedroom price of $200,000 in Warnbro. Rents are fairly good too at around $185/pw for 3/4 bedroom.

What are others thoughts? I’m thinking of buying in anticipation of the new train station sending prices skyrocketing.

“Most people operate under a false ceiling which is 3 feet high” Stuart G Goldsmith

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

definitely – the whole region from say Atwell to Mandurah is undergoing a huge transformation. You couldn’t go wrong with Bertram, Warnbro, Secret Harbour, Madora, Golden Bay, San Remo, Meadow Springs, Lakelands, Rockingham, Mandurah Central, Silver Sands, Halls Head, San Remo, Setllers Hills, Rivergums etc

Extensive list of ‘Off The Plan’ property available for sale in Perth.

John – 0419 198 856

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek
    Originally posted by Roofarmer:

I truly believe that this area with it’s beautiful award winning beach and new train station is set to boom.

Hi Roofarmer,

The Warnbro/Rockingham area has been booming for some time as savvy investors starting getting in some time ago.

The train will maintain the growth (but not at ‘boom’ rates) as later investors and homebuyers seek proximity to the rail line and coast – but the big money was made sometime ago.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of RoofarmerRoofarmer
    @roofarmer

Hi Derek,

I tend to disagree as I still think the whole area is still achieving growth rates which most would consider a boom. I remember reading an extract from the paper over in Perth showing Warnbro 3 bedroom medium growth of around 28% for last year!

My mum and dad and my sister have just moved over to the west and my sister is set to buy in Warnbro as she still considers it “top value for money”. I rang her last week and she said that a Sydney buyer snapped up a 4 bedroom house accross the road from where they are currently renting for $210,000. I mean where else in Australia would you be able to buy a 4 bedroom property under 1km to the beach and less than 50kms from a capital city for around $200K?

I personally believe that as Sydney and Melbourne cools investors over here will look to WA and in particular the south west region which is second to QLD in population growth. Places as far south as Mandurah are already being shown on the Perth weather report (as opposed to a few years ago when they would have had a separate weather report).

New infrastructure + population growth + investors looking to place their money in areas still with growth left in them means that this area will still continue to boom for many years to come maybe not at ridculous levels but still at 15% per year or more.

Mark my words – get in now before the train station is built!

“Most people operate under a false ceiling which is 3 feet high” Stuart G Goldsmith

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Coolbelup – cheaper suburb in Rockingham, worth a look at. Stats show that over the last 10 years this area has performed very well. cheers

Profile photo of RoofarmerRoofarmer
    @roofarmer

Did you mean Coolbellup in Fremantle?

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Sorry , I meant Coolongup possibly looking at $175,000 to purchase (3×1), however houses are older in this part of Rockingham. I still think represents good buying.

Profile photo of ScreminScremin
    @scremin

Do you mean Coodanup? But that’s in Mandurah….
    Hmmm…

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Cooloongup (postcode 6168). (oops, left out an O) – sorry.
    This is getting bigger than Ben Hur.[biggrin]
    However, may be worth a look at.

Profile photo of ScreminScremin
    @scremin

Ahhh, now that makes sense…

Profile photo of vtxdevovtxdevo
    @vtxdevo

Cooloongup is actually split into 2 parts. The newer part is in Woodbridge Estate near the regional hospital and Rockingham golf course. This sectio has really nice houses and streets that are really quiet. Although a tad back furhter from the ocean, it certainly is a prime part of Rockingham that many people don’t know about.
    A neighbouring suburb called Hillman is actually one of the older and often overlooked suburbs of Rockingham. Housing prices have grown a bit over the past few years and you can still get a 3×1 for 150K. The best part about these properties is the land is larger (900+sqm)compared to the latest (620sqm) releases.

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi vtxdevo, sounds like you are familiar with Rockingham. What about the newer areas such as Anchorage and Pt Kennedy, what do you think.
    I am looking at building new, would like your opinion? Cheers, Marisa[biggrin]

@vtxdevo

G’day Marisa,

I can’t remember exactly where the Anchorage is, maybe its the new estate on Safety Bay road that they’ve just recently cleared, just a tad back from warnbro.
    However, Port Kennedy is an area that I wish I had invested in 10 years ago. I remember seeing blocks of land for $18,000 or so in a suburb between port kennedy and Warnbro, and wondered to myself “Who’s going to live down there?”. Well, now land prices have gone thru the roof. They have the Kennedy Bay Golf Course down there that is suppose to be Australia’s number 1 public access course. It’s a lynx design and is absolutely world-class, believe me, I’ve been to a few courses in Thailand and spent time at a course in Malaysia, and even though the surroundings maybe a bit dry, the course is never the less, superb. But anyway, the papers have been “teasing us” about a marina for sometime now. Port Kennedy has definitely got all the ammenities, with an industrial strip with all the shopping centres, schools and with Warnbro just down the street where there’s the Warnbro high and the adjacent indoor swimming pool centre, you can see why Port Kennedy has been a hidden pearl.

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi Vtxdevo,
    Yes, I heard about this Marina it got me very interested.

I was hoping for around $250,000 H&L package, so depending on block prices.
    It is also a little confusing as there is PT Kennedy and Pt Kennedy Springs, the later appears to be cheaper. I’ll need to take a run out there.

Thanks for your help

PS
    wont be mentioning this amazing golf course, I am a “golf widow”[biggrin]

@vtxdevo

The only unfortunate aspect to Port Kennedy is that access to the beach is a little bit restricted by the golf course actually running along the coast, hence you’d have to drive a fair bit around the course to go to the beach, unlike the beaches at Warnbro.
    However, if it’s access to the beach that interests you, then the next suburb down is a place called Secret Harbour. They’ve made this suburb look really special….. and it has a golf course as well.
    If you come down to Port Kennedy, make sure you see this suburb because it also has some of the best surf in the Rockingham area.

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Agree, Secret Harbour looks great, excellent beach, quality homes, but where are the facilities? You pretty much have to get out of the area/estate.

@vtxdevo

Yeah, you’re right there. You need to spend loads on petrol to go get anything. I’m sure the local councils etc will have to address this issue. It’s always been the case with these beachside suburbs between Rockingham and Mandurah.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.