All Topics / Help Needed! / Info on We Buy Houses

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of MatekaMateka
    @mateka

Hello All,

I was wondering if anybody in the forums had any dealings with the people from We Buy Houses??
    If you did what were they like and how smoothly did things go??
    How genuine is this organisation??
    This is important to me as I am thinking of investing with them.

Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin
    Originally posted by Mateka:

Hello All,

I was wondering if anybody in the forums had any dealings with the people from We Buy Houses??

Hi Mateka

Check the current post “Joint Ventures to be or not to be?” where I have commented extensively re rick otton etc. The link is:

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic/13904.html

Please note:
    1. I have no link with Rick Otton except as one of his many happy customers
    2. I’m well aware of his JV agreement. Although I’ve never done one with him, I would be very happy to proceed (it’s a very safe way to become a wrapper without all the hassle)
    3. Rick is eminently respected on this forum

Cheers
    Greg

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

Hi there,

several months ago while in NZ I saw their neon signs up. I think it was at a roundabout in Wanganui! i called the guy up, being semi-anonymously asking questions without giving too much away, ‘what are you doing? how are you doing it? Who are you? I might have a property for you, but you’ll have to tell me a bit more about yourself and what you’re up to’ – anyway quickly was convinced it was just an investor ‘doing his thing’ and screening through 50 calls to get one deal which was OK (as you do!-) and in the end I disclosed what i was doing and how I did it, and had a great (quite long) chat with the guy. Seemed fair dinkum, all he was doing really was (with his signs) ‘putting it out there’ to try and ‘buy what’s not for sale’ – very john burley or Dolf de roos (or whoever it was) of him. My impression – seemed legit.
    No idea if it’s the same one I talked to. was he based in Palmerston North or something?
    it could well be!

Re the other questions, ask for some testimonials, perhaps there is another client you could call as a reference.
    cheers-
    Barb

joy to the world

Profile photo of wesleymc2wesleymc2
    @wesleymc2

I have met with and had lots of dealings with Rick Otton (Founder) and have found him to be a real top bloke to say the least…very service conscious and very practical….

Wesleymc2

Profile photo of NobleoneNobleone
    @nobleone

Hi Mini,

Can I just add in at this point that it is best to ask for testimonials that come with contact details so that you can follow up on what has been said with the alleged sayer.

The reason I say this is because as part of my ‘day job’ I have to write testimonials for some clients and they are not worth the paper (or digital code) they are written on.

Sorry if I have put the cat amongst the pigeons so to speak.[blink]

Cheers Nobleone. [party]

Profile photo of FWFW
    @fw

My name and number appear somewhere on the We Buy Houses stuff, as I regularly get phone calls from people wanting to speak to a reference.
    So in this case I have to say they’re legitimate references!!

Keep smiling
    Felicity 8-)

Profile photo of scotty3scotty3
    @scotty3

I am another happy Rick Otton customer. His wrap pack has worked great for me, and I would invest through him if I wasn’t so busy investing for myself![wink4]

Profile photo of tiredofthistiredofthis
    @tiredofthis

I have dealt with webuyhouses and it was nothing short of a joke. Some of my friends have also dealt with webuyhouses. The testimonials are all a load of garbage.

Rick Otton presented himself as a genuine honest person that wanted to help. He was totally arrogant and never came back to us despited wanting to help. When he got back to us we were offered a ridiculous scheme to buy our townhouse in Melbourne in a position that would ruin us for life. We rejected it immediately. I hope noone else falls in this predicament. He is a ROtton man.

Beware of ROtton.

@tiredofthis
    Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

Just felt the link to Jenman deserved a comment (general) based on this posting…..Firstly, I have read both of the said persons books, and think there is definately some good and helpful stuff in them…..just as there is in some of the books of people such as Steve Mcknight and Jamie McKintyre……both people who are severely ostrasised (yeah, the spellings wrong, but it’s late, and if my investments were performing better I’d be drinking Annies Lane instead of elcheapo McWilliams muck…) by the said person – I do not know Rick Otton from a bar of soap, and have no plans to use any of his services, but I wish to humbly point out TWO OBSERVATIONS…nothing more, and I will simply leave you to draw your own conclusions….
    1) The person mentioned as ‘rotten’ in the article (maybe he is?) and others like him are called derogatory things because they (quote) add 20 or 30% onto a house price and onsell as a ‘wrap’ to so called battlers (who can afford VB and smokes) …..yet lets be realistic lenders like Bluestone (as an exampleonly- also lend at a premium rate similar to this above ‘standard’ loans. Does that make them the same unethical whatevers?. No , it is simply based on riskand supply and demand. No one is ‘forcing’ someone to borrow money against their will. We all have choice, and we are fortunate if ‘someone’ will legitimately lend to us if we want it to be so and are not eligible for a standard loan etc etc.
    2) Secondly, it is easy to tear down someone, but takes skill and nouse to build up – none of which I see from the person responsible for the materail on the provided ‘jenman link’.
    If we can walk the walk, and get paid for doing so, why not.? BEats being negative all the time, and high blood pressure.
    So I finally got something off my chest, and hope that it is taken as it is meant……a ‘balanced’ opinion. Now…go get those deals! Take care all.[sleepyanim]

@tiredofthis

You gotta be joking. Do you receive handouts from ROtton?
    Do you think that your answer is suffice? I dont think so.

Bluestone have a credit department just like any other bank and assess a clients situation. The bank does not take a persons property away after ONE payment is missed unlike your so called “wraps”.

I dont care what you say, from the dealings I had, I feel sorry for anyone who deals with ROtton.

@v8ghia

Ah,like I said, don’t know the guy from a bar of soap….and don’t plan to. I just notice so many people tearing down’ and critising without offering any solutions or alternatives. It was a general comment. Been fleeced? Then go get whoever did it mate! Let us know how you go. And of course any advice or xperience that can help others avoid this is welcomed by all I’m sure. ![thumbsupanim]

@v8ghia

Oh….jus though I should clarify…when I mentioned I have read ‘both said persons books’ I meant Mr. Jenman……not Rotten….never had ANY dealing with the latter. [specool]

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.