All Topics / General Property / Commerical Property

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of divcordivcor
    @divcor

Went to a mortgage broker recently with 2 potential property purchases in mind that required finance (1 commercial, 1 residential – both priced within $10,000 of each other). I can sum up my experience as follows:

Commercial property – >7.5% rental return, secured rental of >2yrs with >3yrs attaching option, long term tenant which rents other offices in the same building and has expanded into my potential office purchase.

Residential property – <5% rental return with tenancy ending in 6 months with no guarantee of whether the tenant will sign for a further 12 months.

Adding salt to injury – as landlord I pay rates on the residential but the tenant pays them on the commercial. In effect this increases the effective rental yield on the commercial up 0.05% and decreases the residential down 0.05%.

Would you believe the broker through money at me for the residential investment but wouldnt touch the commercial property.

What is going on?

Profile photo of IbuycashflowIbuycashflow
    Participant
    @ibuycashflow

Try another broker.

Generally you’ll find you will always get a tenant for a residential property but there is more insecurity with commercial. Financial institutions are just assessing the risk.

One commerical deal I did I had to get money from a Solicitor’s nominee fund and Mobil Oil was the tenant for about another 8 years. If the deal is good someone will back it.

Cheers
    Jeff

Profile photo of Goode1Goode1
    @goode1

Hi divcor

I recommend you speak to the following broker:

Roslyn Hackett
    Topline Finance
    email: [email protected]
    mobile 0414 596 453

She’s never let a deal fall over for us.

Let me know how you go.

Goode1

Goode1

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.