All Topics / Help Needed! / buying Management rights

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of happycouplehappycouple
    @happycouple

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with purchasing management rights in the gold coast (permanent).If so could you please tell us of your experiences and what to look out for. thanks

Profile photo of landt64landt64
    Participant
    @landt64

Please pardon my ignorance, but what are management rights?
    Landt.

Profile photo of happycouplehappycouple
    @happycouple

Hi Landt

Glad you asked because a little while ago i didn,t either. Management Rights is were you purchase a unit or townhouse within a complex as well as the right to be the on or offsite property manager for the complex. In other words become the rental property manager for the complex. You duties include letting out of units etc (for which you get paid the one weeks letting fee) You also get a management fee for collecting rent, organising repairs etc (usually 7.5% of weekly rent) As well as this there is a Body Corp salary paid to you for maintaining of common property eg mowing of lawns. Depending on the site some people can rent out their unit for extra income. So for some on going work you can take a property in a high growth area and have it be cash flow positive. Depending on how much money you have to spend and your time commitments you can do this as a job and earn very good money. Complexes are generally of two types holiday and permanant, holiay is were you rent out to tourists ( more time commitment involved but rewards are generally higher)and permanant were you do 3-12 month leases therfoe less work involved. I could go on all …day,but i hope that this has been of some help.

Kind regards Happycouple

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.