All Topics / General Property / Managing agents

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of merystevensmerystevens
    @merystevens

I am setting up a tenancy in Sydney for the first time. My agent is asking for 6%. Is this normal? What should I try for?

Profile photo of garrytasgarrytas
    @garrytas

Hi Merry
    6% sounds pretty competative check the fees and extras, get a list of charges.Find out how often they inspect the premises.
    Good luck with it [thumbsup2]
    Garrytas

[email protected] Always have cashflow positive Tasmanian commercial properties
    available

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

Sounds good to me. I’ve got a couple of places in Sydney.

In answer to your question, what you should try for is a good property manager who is going to do their job. And they’re not easy to find.

I honestly don’t see the point in choosing a PM solely on their management %. Do you choose the cheapest accountant? A PM is managing an investment that is possibly worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I moved recently from a PM in Tasmania charging 7% to one charging 9%. The increase in occupancy rates has more than covered any additional PM costs.

But that’s just me.

I reckon it might be an idea for to make a post saying: ‘I’m about to rent out a property in XXXXX. Can anyone recommend a good PM?

Tax Depreciation Schedules
    Australia wide service
    1300 660033
    [email protected]
    http://www.depreciator.com.au

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

You get what you pay for – make sure tasks are in writing with performance guarantees – don’t screw them tooooo much we all need to make a living – $10 a week extra equals $520.00 per year – at the end of the day you need to have good raport with them, good luck …

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.