All Topics / Help Needed! / any thoughts on Tassie?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of Elle FredricksenElle Fredricksen
    @elle-fredricksen

Hi

As a mother of 3, I have decided to put my spare time (which I have heaps of) into property, to be in charge of my own wealth is a goal. I have been looking in Tassie,(Launceston,Burnie,Perth) as there seems to still be property which is affordable and am wondering if this is the right place to begin, I am flying over there next week to have a look around, does anyone have any other suburbs that are worth looking at. Obviously I am looking for a good yield and a growing population.
    [cap][cap]looking forward in a fantastic journey.[[blush]

Elle Fredricksen

Profile photo of ImmortalityImmortality
    @immortality

Hi ELle,

Is this your first property so to speak or not? Tassy is a lovly area, and growing rapidly from what my research reveals.

A believe you have made a good choice.

Rachael

Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

Tassie is good. All I am worried about is if the population starts to decline again….

Also perhaps (in the long term) tassie prices won’t rise as much as they have (tassie goes for very long periods with zero price rises).

Anyway Good luck.

Rgds.
    Lucifer_au

Profile photo of garrytasgarrytas
    @garrytas

Hi Elle
    If you are in the Devonport area, and want to speak to someone who is totally biased toward Tasmania and the NW Coast [thumbsupanim] in particullar but does have an understanding of what you may be looking for give me a call.or PM me.
    Regards
    Garrytas

[email protected] Always have cashflow positive Tasmanian commercial properties
    available

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I personally would not invest in Tasmania. As Steve showed in his MAsterclass, the market (actually Hobart in his example) was flat for along time, then investors discovered the place, it took off, but local incomes etc have not kept pace and rental yields have dropped. There could be another long period of low growth. There is not real point in investing if there will be np growth.

However, if this is your first property and you have limited funds, then a $50,000 property down there maybe a foot in the door.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Mortgage Broker
    Click below to email me

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

I have not read the whole thread but thought I would post my views on Tassie anyway.

I cannot bring myself to invest in Tassie any way I look at it. Economic growth is non-existent and population growth is not sustainable. The majority of people moving to Tassie are retirees. When they realise it is cold, it will be bye-bye Tassie and Hello QUEENSLAND.

My favourite area at the moment is WA. You do not need to invest only where you live. I am fortunate because I can buy properties sight unseen if the numbers are right. A lot of people can’t do this.

The only thing Tassie has going for it in my opinion is that the people are really nice. Nice does not equal profit!

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

M: 0414 347 771
    E: [email protected]
    W: http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au

FREE Finance-Related Newsletter: See – http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au/index_files/newsletter.htm

Comments made are of a general nature and should not be construed as individual advice.

© 2004 Mortgage Packaging Pty Ltd

Profile photo of BonbeachBonbeach
    Participant
    @bonbeach

IMHO Tassie is a great place to buy.

Just bought my 3rd IP down there last month for 79k renting for $120 a week. Have look at realestate.com

I went to Queenstown, Zeehan, Devonport, Launceston… Tassie is a beautiful place. Personally wouldnt buy in Zeehan but Queenstown is a nice little place. The town has been there for over 100 years its not going anywhere…

At the end of the day, as many property gurus seem to say -there is good tenants everywhere. I am comfortable that this is a good investment after doing my research! It all depends what your plan is and what you after +ve Cashflow or Capital Growth…

Elle- how did the trip go?

[cap]

Profile photo of bootyliciousbootylicious
    Participant
    @bootylicious

Mortgage Advisor,
    You said “You do not need to invest only where you live. I am fortunate because I can buy properties sight unseen if the numbers are right. A lot of people can’t do this.”

What do you mean by this? Why can’t anyone buy sight unseen? It’s not something that I have done, but it is something I am considering. Am I missing something?

Maybe Elle liked it so much she stayed!

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

Firstly, I should qualify my Tassie comments by saying my opinion relates to long-term (more than 5 years).

Booty, what I mean is that a lot of investors need to see and touch things before they buy. They cannot bring themselves to buy sights unseen. As many of them cannot travel, this restricts their investments in property to the area where they live.

It is a personal preference thing. Sorry for the confusion.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

M: 0414 347 771
    E: [email protected]
    W: http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au

FREE Finance-Related Newsletter: See – http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au/index_files/newsletter.htm

Comments made are of a general nature and should not be construed as individual advice.

© 2004 Mortgage Packaging Pty Ltd

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.