All Topics / Legal & Accounting / bird dogging – NSW

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Goode1Goode1
    @goode1

Do you need a Buyers Licence in NSW to receive a spotter’s fee? I’ve spoken to numerous solicitors (who aren’t sure). I even rang the Department of Fair Trading (I’m not sure but I suppose you do). Is there anyone who has had a more definite answer and who is carrying it out?
    [wacko]

Goode1

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

Hi there!!!

Of course you don’t need a licence to get a ‘spotter’s fee’ – provided you are not breaking the law.(and whatever ‘spotter’s fee’ might ‘legally’ mean is probably anyone’s guess!)

This means you might not be able to operate as a buyer’s agent, or do anything as agent – but you may be able to ….

a) get, and onsell, an option on a property
    b) charge a client for research
    c) charge a client for ‘property consultation’
    d) charge the client for the contact information of a vendor, so that they may directly sign up the deal in their name – i.e. you verbally or theoretically negotiate the deal. Of course you need a vendor you can trust!
    e) flip
    f) flick
    g) start a dating agency, where lonely vendors can meet their true loves – a purchaser – and charge for your ‘dating service’

ok starting to kid around, but you get the picture. And BTW, feel free to put Fair Trading NSW on to me!

cheers-
    Mini

joy to the world

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Mini

Sorry to put a dampner on your last post but in Qld starting a dating agency now requires a license.

Everyhting else on your list sounded fine.

Cheers Richard
    richard at fhog.com.au
    http://www.fhog.com.au

There is no such thing as a problem.
    Just a solution waiting to be found

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

Oops! Really! well best I immediately cancel the late-night tv advertising campaign then…hehe

joy to the world

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.