All Topics / Opinionated! / No SPAM please

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

I just recieved the following unsolicited e-mail courtesy of being a member of propertyinvesting.com

It’s truly a losing battle complaining about spam, still I just wanted to let you know.

Hello WaySolid

You received the following message from: a_workaholic ([email protected])

At: https://www.propertyinvesting.com/

Hi There,

We are currently searching the internet for people who may be interested in property investments. If this is you, or you know of someone else who could be interested in New Zealand investment properties please check out our website at:

<edited>

There you will find a great range of properties that have shown good capital growth and great returns. Just enter you email address to receive the weekly notice when the site has been updated (done before any other advertising comes out).

Thankyou for your time, we hope we can be of service to you.

Cheers
    Logan

We apologise if this email is annoying to you. This email is a one off and you will not be contacted by us again, nor will your email address be forwarded to any data basing system.

“Write the wrongs that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on marble.” Arab proverb

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

It is illegal in Australia to send unsolicited email.

In Australia, spam is defined as ‘unsolicited commercial electronic messages’. New Australian legislation relating to spam – the Spam Act 2003 – came into effect on 10 April 2004.

http://www.aca.gov.au/consumer_info/spam/informationforbusiness.htm

I know I can, I know I can

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi Waysolid,

I received this piece of junk mail also….

I wasn’t impressed by it, but do you know that you have now passed it on to lots more people!

Del [biggrin]

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

Clearly an organisation that resorts to having to spam is not one of integrity.

I have followed this up directly with the people concerned and have received the following reply:

Dear Steve,

We apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused to yourself or any user of your website, through Annette emailing people regarding property. It is now understood that this type of behaviour is against the terms and conditions set for the website and as such will not happen again.

Sincerely
    Logan Bagrie

Regards,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

If it was me he would be off the site – zero tollerence “spam” low opportunist, regards … Phil

Profile photo of oziozi
    @ozi

No matter what laws are introduced to prevent spamming, I think it will always be an issue with email. Unfortunately, back when the internet and email were introduced, developers just assumed that everyone would use the service sensibly and not maliciously… boy were they wrong!!!

I think that some day in the future, email will be a thing of the past… new and improved technologies will one day supersede email.

Regards,
    Ozi

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.