All Topics / General Property / Last 10 years

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Hi All,

From the Real Estate section of the paper in WA

Secret Harbour 558% CG

Iluka 551% CG

Landsdale, Success and Leda 400%+

And many many others achieved over 180% CG from 1994 to 2004..

where will you be in 10 years time? have you thought about it?

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

I doubt we will get those returns in the next 10 years.

We would be lucky if we got 100% return in the next 10 years as I expect interest rates to tend upwards and I dont expect inflation to rise all that much over the next 3-5 years. Unless incomes rise considerably.

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Guys,

honestly, i believe we have just seen one of the biggest property booms ever… yet were about to see the biggest bull share market ever… (not as in quick at the tech boom)

but the biggest crash in both the real estate and share market ever… in about 2011…

Cheers,
    sis

Wanna Talk About Stocks

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

I have never been able to find a Cyrstal ball. But having said that, I work for an IT company and was hit hard by the IT bubble/crash.

So I am very wary and I see similarities with the current property market. As interest rates tend upwards people will start to over commit as they expect the same gains we have had in the last 3-5 years.

As for the sharemarket, I have avoided. I leave my compulsory superannuation to invest there. And those professionals managing my money aint done that well.

I will look out for the warning signs. One warning sign is that I bought my PPOR in 1999 for $180k. Now they are $370k. My income has not doubled in that time. In fact its not even increased by 10%.

Profile photo of peterppeterp
    @peterp
    Originally posted by redwing:

Hi All,

From the Real Estate section of the paper in WA
    Secret Harbour 558% CG
    Iluka 551% CG
    Landsdale, Success and Leda 400%+

I have two points:

1. Many property authors (eg Monique Wakelin) consistently say ‘always buy within 10km of the CBD for max capital growth’.

However NOT ONE of those suburbs fits this criteria; they’re either (1) beachside or (2) cheap areas.

2. Some of those suburbs contain new housing or redeveloped housing. Are the growth figures comparing like with like? Are they measuring median house prices when the median house in that particular area has changed dramatically? Is there a new waterfront development pushing up averages? If so then the figures could be misleading and not everyone who owns in these areas will have necessarily done as well.

Rgds, Peter

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi all

Sis i agree that we have just seen one of the biggest property booms in australian history,
    but as far as the stock market goes the US has also just experienced a once in a life time boom as well. The stock market clocked an average annual inflation-adjusted gain of 12% from 1980 to 2001.
    i wouldn’t be so confident that its about to have another so soon.
    regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of jsandsojsandso
    @jsandso

Hi,
    I’ve checked Saturdays and Sundays “The West Australian”, forward and backward, I can’t find this article. Can someone give me a hint where to look.

Thanks

jsandso

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Jsando

The RAY WHITE section (i think? it was the colour section anyhow)”scratches his head[blink]sorry, at work

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

It was the API magazine (november’s), page 35.

Secret Harbour and Iluka are beachside.

Landsdale was a new housing estate 10 years ago, now it’s nearly full so shortage of land in the area has pushed up prices for completed homes.

Leda was a state housing area that has had an overhaul.

Not sure about Success.

Profile photo of jsandsojsandso
    @jsandso

Thanks redwing,
    it was in the Ray White colour section.

You mentioned Landsdale, which got me interested as that is where I live. Blocks here have almost doubled in the last 4 years.

Jsandso

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.