All Topics / Opinionated! / philosophy

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of jess_2jess_2
    @jess_2

hi all

It seems to me that all those top-level movers and shakers are really philosophers rather than money-makers. Warren Buffett, George Solos etc etc…

They know EXACTLY how the whole system works, what the trend is, and most importantly they can develop their own way of interpreting the whole system and thus make their beautiful moves. They not only know all the ins and outs of the financial world, but have their own PHILOSOPHY about this world and life…

How did they get to that level? I mean many people can actually learn and apply knowledge and skill and find financial independence. but it’s not that easy to get to that top level and become one of the movers and shakers…do we have to be born a genius to become someone like George Solos???

What’s your life philosophy? How do you interpret this world? Can you see the trend? Can you tell where we are headed and make a fortune from it?

what do you think?

???

Profile photo of PhoenixrisingPhoenixrising
    @phoenixrising

Good post jess, thought provoking

Need time to mull it over before replying

Cheers

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

All humans are philosophers, to what degree depends on how open they are to learning from their experiences and then being able to express it to others. The best lessons I have learned have come from the worst experiences I have had. Strange but true.

I would say the same for the “top-level movers and shakers”. I bet none of them got to where they are without some major dips in the road that made them think about what they are doing. I also bet that none of them got to be successful by doing something they are bad at either.

Looking around at anyone I think is successful at what they do I can see they can be equated to an animal hunting. They have their territory (area of expertise) they know how things should smell and look (have an intimate knowledge of the market) and they know when to chase the deal and when it just isn’t worth it.

That is the level of knowledge I want to have. I am not sure if I have it instinctually. I don’t necessarily want to spend years learning it myself before I take a step towards my prey. That is why I am here as I can tag along with the successful hunters and learn from them (*warning bad pun*)so I can make a killing.

I don’t think you need to be a genius. I would think that when it comes to dealing with humans that a good EQ would be more useful. I have met many high IQ people that have little in the way of common sense. But the ability to learn and to extrapolate that learning into other areas so the “bad lesson” does not need to be learned over and over again, would be the most useful skill of all.

Lessons I have learned along the way have meant that I don’t just “exist” any more, I am taking an active role in my life. I have also learned that for me the accumulation of money, property etc isn’t important at all in the long run (yeah funny thing to say on a forum such as this). Yet that doesn’t mean that my passion to succeed in this area is ill founded. It is grounded in the belief that being a whole human means knowing that death comes to everyone and what you teach is infinately more important than what you have learned.

I better stop now [biggrin]

I know I can, I know I can

Profile photo of YY
    @y

Maybe everythingdoes move in cycles?

themore cycles you been involved in the more you learn.

all these people lose as well as win, even kery Packer has ups and downs.

philosophy is ‘just’ your opinion

Y

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Hi jess, a person who does nothing has nothing to contridute, but all those people you talk about have experiences and along with that a personal Philosophy is developed because of the HARDSHIPS they encounted along the way.

You don’t need to necesserially be born into it or be a genius READ “you don’t have to be born brilliant” by John McGrath … Read the Virgin story by richard Branson … read read read

Hey “Y” wouldn’t you like to hear Packers Philosophy’s of his up’s and down’s now that is one seminar worth the money!!!

jess my philosophy is to go for it because we won’t get out of the world alive – live well and prosper “spok”

regards Phil

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

jess – you are a shit stirrer. most of you 10 posts have been philiosphical questiona – and good ones at that…

fess up jess!!

(why arent you flipping burgers anyway??)

with regard to your question – its a bit like gary ablett – he just seems to know where the goals are. some are naturals and some need to work at it!!

Profile photo of jess_2jess_2
    @jess_2

thanks aussie rogue, for calling me a “shit stirrer”…

The reason i’m not flipping burgers is because i haven’t got the money to buy such a biz…and even though i got 400K cash in hand, it’s not easy—usually those biz owners won’t sell—if the biz is already printing money everyday, why would the onwer sell???

Jess

Profile photo of SuperTedSuperTed
    @superted

It always easier to philosophical, enviromentalistic blah blah blah once youve got the dollars in the bank.

Beyond that it is a struggle, till you get there..then you can be whatever you want because money and security gives you time to be whatever you want to be!!

So for me it is hyprocrytical for to get there at the end the person has become a way different person (public persona anyway) to the person they began the journey as…

“Never argue with an idiot, as they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience”

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Jess,
    that’s such a simple yet great analogy you’ve posted. It just seems to make sense, as if it’s innate (the hunter instinct).
    Cheers,
    Gatsby.

Profile photo of CalderCalder
    Participant
    @calder

Life happens. Choose your path. It is your choice and no-one elses. Choose how you want it to be, if you want it to be.

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Imagine Kerry Packer reading his horoscope..

Bet it say’s “you’ll come into money today”

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of ScreminScremin
    @scremin

Calder I couldn’t agree with you more. Your life is based on your choices or the choices your parents have made before you were around. Sometimes they have been bad choices, but if you are down and out you have to look at the bad bits and say “Shit I won’t do that again!” and keep going.

Unfortunately today, parents are so preoccupied to make sure their little darlings don’t make bad choices so they make them for them, that these morons think they can do no wrong and then when they do, they crash and burn badly.

I try and help my 30 9year old children in my class to understand that life is full of choices and you can be what you want to be, but you have to also deal with the consequences of those choices too. If they aren’t given those skills, how the hell are people going to cope…

I dunno if I’ve answered you qn or not…
    Steph.

Success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.