All Topics / Opinionated! / I’m So Excited!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of GramyreGramyre
    @gramyre

Tomorrow is Sydney Masterclass day and my very first foray into Investment Seminars.

Anyone going to be there?

I’d love to say hello and compare notes.

I have to confess that this is the very last excuse I have for not taking that final final step as there are a couple of things I hope the seminar will cover (benefit of trusts for one)…

I would welcome nyone that has already been to a Masterclass too, to add a few comments on their experiences.

[hair2] <– you’ll recognise me by the hair

I know I can, I know I can

Profile photo of WallFlowerWallFlower
    @wallflower

Well how was it Gramyre… did it meet your expectations??
    WF

Profile photo of GramyreGramyre
    @gramyre

Well back from it tonight and yes it met and even exceeded my expectations.

Some fundamentals crystalised in my mind and I think in many of the people I spoke to.

Meeting the MAPpers was a fabulous opportunity to get beyond what is in the book and ask the nitty gritty questions. Each one of them that I spoke to were very giving and tolerant of the attention they were getting from all quarters.

I hope to have created a group of like minded people who will be sharing goals and results via email in an effort to emulate the accountability that the MAPpers said they felt when they reported in monthly. 100% of the people I spoke to said “yes yes I have done seminars/books/thought about but I just need a kick in the arse to get going”. Well hopefully we can form a circle and kick eachother’s arses!

Some other things I got (but weren’t directly said in the seminar) and you will probably go well duh but….

99% of people (and there were many at the seminar) only “think” they are investing, when in fact they are engaging in dabbling or playing in the market.

all successful businesses do things a certain way and that is why they are successful, investing in property is no exception

and finally….little fish are sweet [biggrin]

Anyway I can highly recomend anyone who needs to go from between the pages of the books and meet like minded people in real life to catch a Masterclass….the networking is worth as much as the lecture .

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

My insights:

yeah, accountability – finding someone to be accountable to. That’s what the mappers had in Steve, but that you can create that yourself.
    Without the accountability it’s too easy to say you’re going to do something and then not do it, forget, get lazy, get scared, get distracted

making a goal.
    I realised I have been investing away never having made one, and that because i haven’t made one, I don’t have any kind of ‘this much by this time’ benchmark so therefore have been dribbling along more slowly. really must do that…

the venn diagram about the three things that when they intersect mean you are ‘in the zone’ with your investing. won’t be a spoiler for those who have yet to go.

I loved meeting some of the people off the forums too.
    Steve was in great form and you really felt like you got to know the person behind the info, especially in the afternoon session.
    cheers-
    Mini

joy to the world

Profile photo of GramyreGramyre
    @gramyre

You were pointed out to me mini but I didn’t get to chat to you. :( Probably will along the line though, seeing as I am off to NZ in the new year to scope out the other side of the pond.

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

yippeeee, good for you. Yeah I should have probably had minimogul on my name tag not my real name. hehee

joy to the world

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.