All Topics / Creative Investing / Lateral thinking needed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of jabjam2004jabjam2004
    @jabjam2004

The scenario is a house for sale with very stressed vendor who MUST sell for financial reasons. She wants shortest settlement and possibly rent back. The agent says he thinks (in other words won’t tell me exactly) she needs $430K, and may accept this. Agent says bank’s valued at $505K. I’ve offered $400 to test the waters with 30 day settlement and no contingencies other than the usual building and pest. I’m considering onselling in the short term, say 6 months, to realise capital gain .

Any ideas on structuring the deal? I’ve considered assurances of rent fixed at slightly less than market price for 12 months (say $270 instead of the agent’s estimate of $280-300), reducing the settlement to 14 days, paying her the extra bit more (ie$30,000) over a 2 year period ….

What does anyone else think? I’d love to hear all ideas please.

Jennifer

Profile photo of crjcrj
    Participant
    @crj

Your figures seem a bit skinny

eg pay $430, plus stamp duty etc on purchase, loss between rent and expenses while holding, commission & expenses on sale

if you know you can achieve $505 it can work, but what if the sale takes longer or the ‘bank’s value’ is optimistic

Profile photo of 1Winner1Winner
    Participant
    @1winner

Hi Jennifer, I hope you crunched the numbers correctly and get a good deal.

On an different topic, you say that “…The agent says he thinks (in other words won’t tell me exactly) she needs $430K…”
    Can you tell me who this agent is so I will never use him ever to sell one of my properties?[angry2]

Makes you wonder who they work for besides themselvs doesn’t it?[confused2]

May God prosper you always.[biggrin]
    Marc

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Firstly, never beleive an agent@!

And secondly, if you are goign for a 14 days settlement, I hope you are paying cash. It would be very hard for a ‘normal’ bank to have the finance ready in time.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.