All Topics / Help Needed! / Anyone moved from Sydney to Brisbane?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of iwsctwsiwsctws
    @iwsctws

Hi!

Am pondering the move as selling my PPOR in Sydney would afford me 1 PPOR and 1 Invest property in Brisbane!

Has anyone done that recently? Would love to hear of experience. Like from which suburb to which suburb? (Need that boost!)

Thanks!

lee

Profile photo of debtdoggdebtdogg
    @debtdogg

Hi Lee

I live on the Gold Coast and whilst I haven’t moved from Sydney I have been looking around Brisbane of late for an IP. I actually come from Ipswich (40K west of Brisbane) and there are still some deals to be had if you go hunting out that way. That area has also just been nominated by our state governmentm as the growth corridor for the next 20 years. Brisbane itself is still a bit pricey (that I have found) but you never know.

Check out Beenleigh as well . It is between the coast and Brisbane

Happy hunting

m

Profile photo of qwertyqwerty
    Participant
    @qwerty

Hi iwsctws,

Last boom everybody was thinking exactly the same as you. Many sold up their places in Sydney to pursue the good life in Qld. Most returned back to Sydney because they couldn’t find the high paying jobs they once had in Sydney.

Another chap I know who’s an agent said to me that Sydney people with cash in hand move to Qld with removalist trucks following closely behind only to return to Sydney with the clothes on their back 2 years later (supposedly selling everything to get back into the Sydney market!!!).

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

Hi Lee,
    I moved from Melb to Sydney (Mosman), back to Melb (Mornington Peninsula- home town), then to Brisbane (Mt Gravatt East), back to Melb and on Tuesday I’m going back to Brisbane. From there I’ll eventually go to the Gold Coast or back to Sydney (not Mosman). I like Sydney the best. It’s great fun moving interstate and starting anew, especially when you sell one house in one state and the money received can buy you 2 in the next.
    Sometimes you’ve gotta go where the opportunity is and Brisbane (sth east Qld) is looking real good. They reckon 1 million people are moving in over the next decade. What’s that gonna do for house prices?

Good Luck…G7

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.