All Topics / Opinionated! / Telstra vs ACN

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
  • Profile photo of Rouquin_2Rouquin_2
    @rouquin_2

Hey has anyone herd of this new Telco on the block, they are coming in to Australia on Nov 1 and offering some interesting deals, I have only just herd of them and am wondering if anyone else had any contact with this company,

The offer of free local calls and fixed price national calls is prety good, but what is there history.

Please contact if you have any info

Thanks

Rouquin[party]

Profile photo of GramyreGramyre
    @gramyre

Well I would wait until a decision is made on thishttp://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/10/02/1096527989866.html . I am pretty sure that if all is found to be fine then there will be people even here using it as a vehicle to make cash. But like all MLM, it takes a special type of person to sel to family and friends and not lose either

I know I can, I know I can

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

ACN is in 18 other countries and is registered as a TELCO here.

Suggest you contact GEO from this site as he has had some dealings with them and is knowledgable on the company as a whole.

I expect thier entry into the marketplace to be good for everyone and adding to the competition between the major players

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of RodCRodC
    @rodc

I wouldn’t call them a telco, they just sound like another reseller of other carrier’s products with a MLM twist.

Rod.

Participant
    @redwing

Most businesses are re-sellers Rod.

The suzuki dealership down the road doesn’t make the cars..they just sell them.

Competition ,i think ,is good for the consumer (us)

Be interesting to see how they go…hope my phone bills go down [biggrin]TELSTRA

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Profile photo of SuperTedSuperTed
    @superted

The telstra phone line rental and charges for paying by credit card are a joke.

So many people are ditching landlines and having mobiles only. All we need is ADSL unwired services to become more reasonably priced and widespread and the landline will be very unpopular

“Never argue with an idiot, as they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience”

Profile photo of Rouquin_2Rouquin_2
    @rouquin_2

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your input as this is a new area for me. I wish you all well and I will drop you an update on how ACN goes in the market.

After more research I think it is a goer.

Thanks again

Rouquin[party]

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

I’d be surprised if they have any real impact. Virgin is a fantastic brand yet they have only captured between 1% & 2% of the mobile market. 3 mobile (who also own Orange) has spent hundreds of millions of dollars over the past few years, operate on very thin margins, and still have only 4%-5% market share.

If this company is going the MLM route they obviously don’t have a heap of cash, which makes it tough to grab a share of the market.

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hi all,

Yes I’ve had dealings with them and I’ll clear some things up for you all.

They don’t need cash to start up except to set up the Customer Service which is located on 1 Pacific Hwy. Nth. Sydney.

They rely on word of mouth and have been extremely successful for the past 12 years in all 17 countries. Australia is the 18th country in which to launch followed by NZ early 2005 then into Asia.

I’ve heard that 87 countries have signed for de-regulation and Australia is the 18th country in which to launch so HUGE business potential for the future. Great Residual Cashflow!

SupreTed – your right about the line-rentals. They’re ever gowing up. In regards to ACN, when they come into a country, they match or beat the two largest Telco providers – (in this case Telstra 70%+ and Optus 10%+ of the market) and further beat them by offering ACN-ACN FREE local landline calls and ACN-ACN STD flagfall only – meaning when dialing another ACN STD number, all you pay is 35c and then you get FREE minutes.

Anubis – they will have dramatic impact. One example is Finland where they launched recently. Now in Finland, they launched only one service (mobiles) and within their first month they had 100,000 customers on their books (5% of the population). Finland’s population is 6 million. All without a cent on advertising.

Now with Australia, they are launching 3 services (landlines, mobiles, Internet) and are more than 3 times the population.

Finland:
    – Population: 6 million
    – One service: mobiles
    – 1st 30 days: 100,000 customers
    NO Advertising

Australia:
    – Population: 20+ million
    – 3 services: Landlines, Mobiles, Internet
    – Launch date: 1st November
    NO Advertising

This business is also global, meaning you can get paid when people pay their bills, turn on the light, watch TV, cook dinner, turn on the gas heater, surf the Net etc from any of the countries in which ACN operates. The other great thing is that you even get paid on the line-rental. Customers have nothing to lose as all they do is try the service – it’s Free to try, Free to leave and they can leave any time they like and there’s NO contract. If they don’t like obtaining Free calls, they can always switch to another network and pay for it. Simple.

If any of you require further info, please email me.

Best Regards,
    George.

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Profile photo of btbt
    Participant
    @bt

Hi George,

I am involved with an MLM and they are advising us to use their services as its very cost competitive and I think a MLM itself.
    I too heard the stats you quoted about Denmark and the promotional groundswell they appear to be getting from the home entrepreneurs.

I was told that they use the Telstra lines for landlines and internet and Optus for the mobiles.
    We’ll give them a go, especially if they can provide what they say they can.

bt

Turn your home computer into a high profit
    centre with the amazing ABC AutoBiz system.
    Test drive it free here: http://www.leave-the-rat-race.biz

Profile photo of RodCRodC
    @rodc

Line rentals and local calls seem to be the same as Telstra’s “Homeline Plus”, which is understandable as they are only reselling the exact same Telstra product.

Long Distance and mobile are a little cheaper, I wonder who’s network they are using.

The selling point is probably the free ACN to ACN calls, sounds good, but only works if you can get all your friends and family to sign up to. Hence the MLM approach.

Be interesting to see how they go. Resellers don’t have a great track record (for residential) in Australia. Mainly because just about every call ends up at some point on the Telstra or Optus networks – and they like to get paid as well.

regards,

Rod.

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo
    Originally posted by RodC:

Long Distance and mobile are a little cheaper, I wonder who’s network they are using.

I think there more than a little cheaper. ACN – ACN STD calls are only charged at flagfall. That means you get charged 35c and then it’s Free minutes from then on.

Regards,
    George.

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Participant
    @anubis

Geo

ACN Finland had 350k customers in May 2004 and have been bleeding numbers since then – but they refused to comment on subscriber numbers

http://e.finland.fi/netcomm/news/showarticle.asp?intNWSAID=29441

ACN Finland dominate complaints to the Finnish Consumer Complaints Board and had a judgement awarded against them for misleading advertising

http://e.finland.fi/netcomm/news/showarticle.asp?intNWSAID=28149

The ACN website claims $500 Million worldwide revenue – even comparing their revenue to single country telco’s they are small.

I just don’t see how they can make any impact – anyone remember CellNet being spruiked here a few months ago?

Profile photo of YY
    @y

Anubis has some good points..

see story and tread carefully..

“Mr GOODE will clear his desk by Wednesday”

From newspaper..

City of South perth chief executive Stephen goode’s contract has been terminated because he failed to tell councile before becoming involved in a telecommunications business that is under ‘investigation’ to determine if it is a pyramid scheme.

Mayor Hopkins said following meeting an agreement was reached and mr goodewould clear desk by Wednesday.

Mr Gode , who earns $175 000 a year as council chief executive, denied the “Australian Communications Network” was a pyramid scheme, saying he checked with Consumer Protection.

Although he took calls about the business during working hours Mr Goode said he tried to keep theroles separate.

Mr Goode has been in council for18 months..

Hmm, Network Marketers..Tread carefully I say.

I think first people in will do ok, then who knows, friends and business huh..hmm, dont lose friends or ‘change’ who you are and become ‘pushy’ salesperson.

No selling? no matter what you call it, favour or something..you still trying to sell

Y

@rouquin_2

Funny thing is I see more pushy salemanship in those who are against network marketing than those who see its merits.

It is really funny that pressing ones opinions onto another is classed as giving good advice (or so the giver says) and passing on information that may lead to financial saving or benefit is all of a sudden looked upon as a scam.

Or is it that one reads a headline and then becomes the authority on such a thing. One would hope your due dilligence is done with more gusto than reading the first thing in the headlines or you will not get to first base.

But heh thats just my opinion !!!!

PS next time you see a good movie, dont tell anyone , they may think you are trying to scam them…….

Cheers

Rouquin[party]

Participant
    @redwing

Ha Ha …

It looks to me Rouquin that your initail post may have been ‘fishing’..i may be wrong, but your latest comments seem to imply that?

REDWING

PS_ for the record I think ACN (and anyone else)is great competition for Telstra.

Hey has anyone herd of this new Telco on the block, they are coming in to Australia on Nov 1 and offering some interesting deals, I have only just herd of them and am wondering if anyone else had any contact with this company,

The offer of free local calls and fixed price national calls is prety good, but what is there history.

Please contact if you have any info

Thanks

Participant
    @anubis

Perhaps you didn’t like my 5 minutes of due diligence because you expected to get a few converts?

ACN are not a competitor to Telstra – Optus, AAPT, Voda, Hutch, and Unwired are though. ACN are a niche operator that will compete with other small resellers with no marketing budgets.

BTW I’m a telco analyst so how’s that for due diligence ;-)

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Anubis – You are wrong there. ACN’s competitors are Telstra and Optus. There not worried about the smaller companies such as AAPT, DigiPlus, IPrimus etc.

regards,
    Geo.

Participant
    @anubis

Sorry Geo – you have it the wrong way around. AAPT etc are the competitors and can force Telstra/Optus to adjust pricing or bundling with good offers. ACN or similar can’t – they simply will not have the market power to have an impact – especially when they will get next to no discount to resell the services (of Telstra) anyway.

@rouquin_2

I do love a good debate, although I can not see how anyone offering a competitive price structure is not competition.

I do appreciate your opinions Anubis but is funny that in the opinion of some of the higher level employees of Telstra that the focus of Telstra has been to assist bulk buyers such as ACN into the market as they make a bigger profit margin in that area than in residential or business billing compared to expenses. But thats just what they say.

I think the importance has been lost into a discusion if you like network marketing or not and not if ACN offers great deals.

I do point out that if a councillor who is mentioned in previous remarks gave up a cushy job worth $175,000 per year to take on this global opportunity then maybe its worth more of a look.

Oh and about the fishing as I indicated before I love a good debate and thought this would raise a few eye brows.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Rouquin[party]

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.