All Topics / General Property / Avoid the backslide – 2004 still has lots to offer

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Participant
    @administrator

Hi,

Use this thread to discuss the ‘Avoid the backslide – 2004 still has a lot to offer!’ article which Steve discusses in the October’s edition of Insider.

Cheers,

– Admin

Profile photo of MarkyMarkMarkyMark
    @markymark

Hi steve,
    Just one question really, what do you mean by “niche deals”?

2. Making competitive offers on niche deals that the
    speculators now hesitate about, since they rely on luck whereas savvy investors use skill.

and thanks for the latest newsletter.

MarkyMark

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

Thanks for your post. What I’m talking about are deals that may seem unusual or creative, and once upon a time would have been accepted by speculators, but now are seem as too risky.

However, for investors with the right skills and attitude, these deals are as profitable now as they were in the boom, as the result is made rather than bought.

A good example is a development project. Not long ago just about any novice investor could have puchased a suitable block of land as, since the broader market rose, made a proft.

Now though, more skill is involved as the profit must be made in the value add in the deal rather than relying on broad cap. gains to drive prices higher.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

has anyone else not received their newsletter or is it just me? I am wondering if this may be why there aren’t many posts.

Extensive list of ‘Off The Plan’ property available for sale in Perth.

John – 0419 198 856

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek
    Originally posted by AusProp:

has anyone else not received their newsletter or is it just me? I am wondering if this may be why there aren’t many posts.

It is probably just a West Australian thing John – I am still waiting too.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of everdineeverdine
    @everdine

Hi Steve,
    I always look forward to your newsletters and the positive encouragement.

We are so grateful for your insight. Just over 12 months ago we heard of and read your first book. We had no home of our own and little to show for our age (45 approx) including under $20,000 combined super, due mainly to having worked our own, not entirely successful businesses.

Anyway with limited savings and inspiration from your book, plus lots of helpful advise from forumites – we have just bought IP3.

Just wanted to say a BIG thanks and encourage others that it is possible. We have followed the due dilligence “Buyer Beware” and been very careful, done lots of research, & lots of the clean-up, painting and gardening and learnt not to tell our rellies what we are up to (avoiding lots of negativity).

We are still excited about the future and would like to get a set of units next. We have learned interesting things from real estate people, bank managers and friends who have been interested in what we are doing.

Anyway…….Thanks

Tony and Diane

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

I didn’t get a newsletter this month either and I’m WA too.

PK

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

Tony and Diane – Wow! Good on you guys, not just for your encouraging words, but for your achievements too. That’s a fantastic result.

For those who haven’t yet received their newsletters… it is being sent out in two batches – some went last night and the balance are going out right now as I type!

Regards,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

interesting read and I fully agree… a nice steady market does allow people the opportunity to get in there and create real value instead of having capital gains distorting (or even worse, eroding) everything. This is the ‘prefect’ market!

Extensive list of ‘Off The Plan’ property available for sale in Perth.

John – 0419 198 856

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.