All Topics / Help Needed! / In the Poo! – How Much To Connect To Sewer Main?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Quicky question to anyone who has connected a property to the sewer. I am looking at a problem property and need to scope out how much it would cost (price per metre would be wonderful!) to comply to a sewerage connection order. If it makes a difference this is semi-rural in NSW [blush2]

I know I can, I know I can

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I had an investment property where the sewer was put on in the town, and connecting was compulsory. From memory is was about $5000 to connect, with the pipes comming in very near the back fence. Just a few years before I had connected one of those biocycles whihc cost me about $8000!. But apparently having sewarage connected adds a lot of value to the area.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Mama2MiaMama2Mia
    Participant
    @mama2mia

I’m not sure if this will help but we recently looked at a house facing a main road which was on septic. Because it was on 3700m2, we were thinking of putting 6-8 homes on it but to get the sewer they had to get it from across this main road where development has already occurred (this side of the main road were all on septic)…anyway, the cost was going to be around the $500K mark which would blow all our profit out the window.

I think the difference is in this case is the house was on septic.

Kim

Profile photo of meegsmeegs
    @meegs

If you make a phone call to the council planning and development area they will let you know.

Profile photo of diclemdiclem
    @diclem

Hi,
    I agree council will offer some great info, I think you will get a more realistic figure if you ask the local plumber.
    Cheers,
    Sue [biggrin]

“Be careful not to step on the flowers when you’re reaching for the stars”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.