All Topics / Help Needed! / Positive cash flow??Advice on particular. property

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of BrocheBroche
    Participant
    @broche

Hi,

looking at strata units Townsville, cost about 110, icluiding costs of closing etc 121. Now they are for over 55yrs and there is a waiting list for tenants, growth has been consistent for these type of properties thro good times and bad at 8%, rent is increased every 6 months in line with CPI.

Going to finance line of credit 30k and borrow 92 by way of equity

Annual rent 9646
    net cash b4 tax ,int and dep’n 4400
    average monthly cah flow 366.8
    Interest on loan about 7900
    new building so dep’n 1163
    F&F dep’n reducing 3796 1st yr

working it out I should be positive on it for about 5 years , then look for a sell, picking up 8% compound growth, so I see it that i will be positive for 5 years then sell for 50k profit, looks relativily low risk.

other factors, there is a wating list for tenants, population of area 120 k.Very well situated close to all shops , hospital, transport out front door.

I am keen to get going but want to start with something i feel is lower risk than perhaps the norm, to get my feet wet.
    From my reaserch of an ageing population, and the climate suiting the older age, I think Im ready to go but wiould love some feedback from the guru’s on the forum

thanks for taking the time to read

Rgds broche

Profile photo of TickyTicky
    @ticky

Broche,

I’m certainly no guru, but have you considered the costs of any strata levies, insurance, management fees and rates ?

Ticky.

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

I agree with Ticky, the body corporate and council rates on those types of properties can be upto 60% of yearly rent, destroying your cash flow.

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek
    Originally posted by Broche:

working it out I should be positive on it for about 5 years , then look for a sell, picking up 8% compound growth, so I see it that i will be positive for 5 years then sell for 50k profit, looks relativily low risk.

Hi Broche,

As others have said check out the body corporate costs – they can be high,

I wonder where you get 8% growth figures from. My understanding is that the over 55’s is a relatively new concept and to say these units have performed at 8% through the good times and bad makes me a little sceptical, I suspect in reality the median price in Townsville has done 8% for a while. This is very different to saying and believing this style of property has (and will) achieve 8% over the next five years.

For me assuming 8% growth in the next five years, and factoring investment decisions, on this rate of growth is a little optimistic.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of BrocheBroche
    Participant
    @broche

thanks for all the replies, asking me good questions, just when you think you have all bases covered. All the expenses are covered already in calculations, but with regards to growth rate etc, I think you are right I need a little bit more research here

thks again

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.