All Topics / Forum Frolic / Oh no….

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

My delete key has stopped working. I pulled apart my keyboard and still nothing (put it back together with only one surplus screw remaining[blink]).

Any ideas? Or is it off to the store to by a new keyboard?

Help!

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Steve,

Don’t make a typing error [biggrin]

Not a techo – but methinks time for a new keyboard – pretty cheap today and cost of labour generally outweighs replacement costs.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of PepperPepper
    @pepper

Shhhh don’t tell ppl that, they might post all kinda stuff cos they know you cant delete it!!

Profile photo of Ali GAli G
    Participant
    @ali_g

People are going to say this is rubbish but I promise you I have seen it work many times:

Turn upside down and bang gently on the back of the keyboard so all the ‘stuff’ that falls in there falls back out. Remove all of the keys. Dunk the whole thing in a sink full of water and ‘swish’. Let it dry out thoroughly. Put the keys back. Hey presto! New keyboard. [biggrin]

Oh, you don’t have time to do this? Just buy a new one then… not too pricey, as Derek said.

Cheers,

Ali G

PS. I take no responsibility for any infra-red keyboards killed in the above manner. Only advisable to kill and resuscitate the older style keyboards. [biggrin]

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

yeah buy another one. They do wear out. The Ali G trick could no doubt work but who has time to wait for it to dry, even with the hairdryer – only to still have the possibility it didn’t work. False economy…

You could either buy a cheap second hand one or a state of the art funky one. In fact buy a lovely ergonomically designed one.

In the meantime as a workaround just highlight the text you want to delete and use the menu command to delete. If that’s not possible on your system then don’t yell at me cause I’m a Mac boffin!

cheers-
    Mini

joy to the world

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

Steve,

You’ve been deleting too many posts anyway !!!!

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE……..

if you can, try to get a USB keyboard…. much more reliable….. and you usually get more functions as well……

Cheers

You may know the cost of everything…. but what about the value ????

Profile photo of SonjaSonja
    @sonja

After years fo abuse by our young children it was my husband’s cup of coffee that finally killed our last keyboard. No amount of cleaning, washing, shaking and drying could fix it. We got a new cheapie (about $20 from the post office) and it is standing up to the use and abuse just fine so far.

Regards,
    Sonja

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

I once acccidently knocked my diet coke on the keyboard. I bought a new one – it was cheaper than my wasting time cleaning it.

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

I think there are too many bread crumbs in there…

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

yack! hi!

diet coke…

yum

joy to the world

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

If it’s your key board at the office, just wait till everyone goes home and swap it. That’s what I do. Problem solved.

We’ve got a dud phone, too – it ‘crackles’. There are a dozen or so phones in the office and I reckon every two weeks I end up with the dud one. Nobody ever talks about it, but everyone knows it does the rounds and that when they get it, they just have to find an opportune moment to swap it.

Given that we lease our equipment, I probably should just send it back and get another one. I wonder who’s got the dud phone today?

Profile photo of WallFlowerWallFlower
    @wallflower

Stevo, wadda you gonna do when the 323 breaks down?

wf

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.