All Topics / Help Needed! / Adding a Garage – How Much Value Added?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of GramyreGramyre
    @gramyre

Scenario : Looking at places in the semi-rural but largish town (25k pop +) and noticing that the houses are on large blocks with no garages. The Questions: What is the cost of the average 1 car garage (colourbond I guess)? How does the added value affect the overall value of the property? These people all have to use cars for transportation.

I know I can, I know I can

Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

Car ports are cheaper! And so are those prefab sheeds which you can fit a car into. You should be able to bump up the rent by $15-$25 (usually).

Check out Dolf De Roos book ‘101 Ways to Massively Increase the Value of Your Real Estate’. Thats got a great example with carports (from memory it’s the first one he gives).

Rgds.
    Lucifer_au

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

You’d have to contact the nearest local manufacturer re: Prices, i’ve found some Rural areas have Prefab sheds very cheap, other than that you could get a local builder to ‘throw’ up 4 poles on a concrete pad and put colourbond roof on..

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.