All Topics / Opinionated! / Straight answer to book query

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Originally posted by Joseph_prop:
    What is this book referring to? Is it refering to $1M in loan amount or property value or what?

Reply given:

The title of the book gives context…

$1,000,000
    in property
    in one year

Regards,

Steve McKnight

My opnion (in the opinionated section as requested by Mr McK himself following deletion from book section)

Steve,

At the risk of being hurled abuse <edited>, I am voicing my disappointment at your response to Joseph’s legitimate questions re the subject matter of your newest book. Your reply post would have to be the most CONDESCENDING one that I have read from you to date, and is precisely the empty/vague type of answer that you appear to provide to those who deserve far greater, especially if they are considering buying your literary masterpieces!!! Personally, this type of response from ANY author would hardly have me running off to my nearest stockist!!!

Jo

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

I would have thought that referring to the forum as being made up of “worshippers” was a touch condescending myself, but that’s just me.

Anyhoo, back to the grindstone.

Cheers
    r

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Steve,

Your point has been made, now here is my short answer to your post accordingly.

If you are only receptive to those who are agreeable to your theories, you will face much disappointment in life’s journey, as criticism on both sides of the fence helps us to learn and develop.

If you are tired of my posts, you as the site administrator have the right to banish me from participation.

Jo

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

Like I said before Monopoly, if you actually read the book you will get the detailed explanation you are looking for about what was done and how and in what time frame and by whom and the other rules. Don’t keep asking and expecting Steve to re-write the book live just for you on every thread.

I don’t understand why people that aren’t into it are even here. surely their energy would be better spent trying to find like-minded people that are into what they are into and help them feel supported and empowered. This is all I am trying to do for the newbies that come here and say ‘where are the CF+ve properties’. I was in the same boat and found some and can help people get started and do the same.

Profile photo of SuperTedSuperTed
    @superted

LoL Mini, Steves reply doesnt need to be “detailed” to clarify the point that Monoply and queitly many others are seeking an answer for. Steve could clear the issue up once and for all.

Steve yr next reply actually seeks to sidestep the question again and target Monopoly, thats my opinion anyway.

This is a common tactic used by the disciples on this site when the veiws tangent away from the “bible”.

To me its starting to turn into a credibility issue that needs to be resolved!!

Profile photo of RodCRodC
    @rodc

Ted,

There’s lots of good information on this site, and not just about CF+

However, you do highlight the most irritating thing about this site. Which is the almost evangelical fervour which is unleashed whenever something about the book(s) or CF+ property is questioned. There are many ways to financial independence, CF+ property is just one of them, unfortunately many here who have only read the book and been to a couple of seminars get very defensive/protective when “the only way” is questioned.

regards,

Rod.

@monopoly

I totally agree RodC,

Although, as a non-McKnight follower, I am labelled as “hositle” and my posts “abusive” yet the backlash or feverent replies are deemed acceptable, and more often than not, are permitted to remain.

In the words of one follower,

Joy to the World!! [biggrin]

Profile photo of Jay HJay H
    @jay-h

did you add certain points or thoughts you neglected to include in the 3.5 years book, or is this book completely new information, or a little of both

@monopoly
    Originally posted by SuperTed:

LoL Mini, Steves reply doesnt need to be “detailed” to clarify the point that Monoply and queitly many others are seeking an answer for. Steve could clear the issue up once and for all.

Steve yr next reply actually seeks to sidestep the question again and target Monopoly, thats my opinion anyway.

This is a common tactic used by the disciples on this site when the veiws tangent away from the “bible”.

To me its starting to turn into a credibility issue that needs to be resolved!!

Thank you Super Ted,

I know that you and I are not the only ones who share this view, but I guess we are the only ones who have the courage to say something, even at the expense of being ridiculed.

I once thought, that although this site was run by one man’s vision, that he had the openness to accept all views, and indeed upon asking me to become one of his moderators expressed that he partly did so because “the rainbow constitutes many colours”.

I just didn’t realise that all those colours had to be agreeable!!!

Jo

Profile photo of SuperTedSuperTed
    @superted

Gee Monopoly where have you been?… the rainbow only has black and white [biggrin]

@monopoly
    So… a guest is invited into a house, for fear of persecution, and then offered a prize place at the table.

What’s that saying, hold your friends close, but your enemies closer??? The guest understood why she was asked to take a prized place at the “moderator” table, and even then, knowing what she did, tried to keep a level of civility about the association.

She is known to be opposed to the philosophy of the house, but the host wants the discussion to be broad and fruitful for all.

Unfortunately though, the guest starts spreading gossip and rumers about the host and many of the other guests. In time, the host hears of the hostility and asks the guest to leave the table.

Is that so?? Please don’t make those accusations; they are totally unfounded, and such claims lead to Holy Wars. Besides, the guest was never asked to leave!!!

Instead of celebrating the initial invitation, the guest becomes even more bitter about the loss of respect, and thus takes an even more prejudicial view to everything the host says and seeks to find ways to undermine him publicly.

The guest always respected her host as being a man of integrity, if he or his disciples interpreted otherwise, perhaps he or they need to look to themselves to find the answers why

Criticism is only constructive when it value adds. There is nothing value adding in this post – it’s just one persons attempt to grind an axe.

Criticism is only destructive if it accusations are correct, in which case, the host should have nothing to fear.

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Okay Jo,

It’s time for me to turn the other cheek.

If I have done worng then I have attempted to right this by reposting to the original question.

Bye,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

@monopoly

Thank you, I had noticed this, and on behalf of people like Joseph, I appreciate it.

I would also appreciate you remove the reference to my rumour mongering. It was because of same, that I resigned from your prized place at the table I might add!!!

Nevertheless, enough said. There has been too much animosity already, and it does not sit well with me either!!

Jo

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

I know I should not be writing this post, But I guess I have to barge in anyway….. Pelican with big feet [blush2]

The FACT is, that at PI, unless a certain view is followed, everytime someone posts a differeing view, there is generally a punch up. [jerry]

In the case of this thread, a good question was asked, but unfortunatley the answer provided was rather lacking…. in fact it did not answer the question at all…. It depends on how you read the question…..

Monopoly has been here for some time, and, I have hardly ever seen her to be abusive…. if anyone were to accuse her of that, I’d say they are stepping over the line…..

OK, now, let’s take a deep breath, step back and think about this…. $1M in property in 1 year…… it’s not that hard, depending on where you buy !!!! or how much you borrow….. Sheesh… We’ve done $3M in 1 year…… [lmao]

Having said all this, it IS Steve’s site… so, he can do as he pleases….

Calm down everyone…. If you can’t suggest you use that energy to go out and invest instead of loitering here……

[jealous]

You may know the cost of everything…. but what about the value ????

@rodc

Hi mini,

somehow I knew you would respond [biggrin]

I have nothing for admiration for what you have achieved, and it’s clearly your passion that has got you this far down the path in a relatively short time. The point I was trying to make is that it would be nice to be able to have a balanced discussion on property (and other investments) without having the “CF+ve is the only way” sentiment shoved down your throat.

For some people a portfolio of CF+ only properties may be suitable, for others a mixture of CF+ and negative gearers. And for still others a portfolio of (shock horror!) negatively geared properties may suit. It all depends on individual goals and comfort levels. As I mentioned above this site (good as it is) could be so much better if some of the discussions were a bit more balanced.

regards,

Rod.

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

Mini,

Yes, Passion…. So why is 1 person’s passion not allowed ???

Not sure if you are having a go at me on the +CF side of things, but will leave it alone…. all of our properties / business is positive….. But I’m not blinded by it…..

3.8M to be exact, but no, I feel no need to crow about it in a book…. I’m happy for Steve to do that….

It is threads like this, and the drivel in them that means the experienced people out there begin to stay away….

And what are we left with ?? Newbies asking questions that were asked and answered 2 years ago….. That is fair enough, but there are less people around to answer……

After the last few flair ups here I dropped out of sight, and, with my partner, we concentrated on actually DOING the deals, not talking about em…..

Too many people here get too addicted to this forum, and, ultimately, it becomes another excuse for inaction……

Everyone, come over to my place for a chill pill….

CALM DOWN………………………….

You may know the cost of everything…. but what about the value ????

@monopoly
    Originally posted by MiniMogul:

Pelican, “I have hardly ever seen her to be abusive….” a lot of stuff happens on PMs unfortunately/fortunately which means you may or may not be in the loop. Suffice it to say, I have disabled my PMs for the time being.

Mini,

I have to step out ATM but just quickly, any disagreement we (you and I) have ever had, and there have been some (I will not deny that) but I have never been abusve, verbal – absolutely, but name-calling or spreading of rumours NEVER, nor have I EVER publicly post up any PM which was a private discussion/disagreement (call it what you like) in the forum for all to view; yet this was done to me.

I am not out to attack Steve, but you and his other followers, have got to stop taking our questioning of him or his strategies so personally; NO ONE IS TRYING TO BRING HIM DOWN!!!

Please RELAX!!!

Jo

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Whoo hoo !!
    A heated and spirited debate….just discovered it.

Pelican, touche. BTW your comments hit a couple of nails on the head.
    Less talk, more doing…best tonic,and the factor of the serial addict poster.

Anyway, Hollywood is as Hollywood does, and unfortunately for Steve, he has sought the publicity and the public profile, and it has its downside as well.
    Criticism, ridicule, having to justify your publicly stated and published viewpoint…it goes with the territory,, you have to take the good with the bad.

Hollywood in OZ, thats entertainment..

KP

@rodc

Hey what gives??

Some of the posts in this thread seem to be missing. Now it makes even less sense!!

regards,

Rod.

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Yeah, heard that some have been edited, deleted, removed.
    Long live the democracy….

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.