All Topics / Help Needed! / Professional services advise needed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of uniicornuniicorn
    @uniicorn

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I just have a question about getting on top of our finances. We are in Penrith, Western Sydney area and I would love to see if anyone can recommend a good accountant/financial planner? Not sure even which we need/which is better with regards to sorting out our finances. We already have a PPOR and an i/p (negatively geared, which I am beginning to realise may be our first investing mistake). I have just read both of Steve’s books in the last 2 weeks and they have changed my whole outlook! I would like to start purchasing some +ve cf properties but need to get the $$ sorted first. Any input would be appreciated, Thanks

Deb

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Deb,

What do you want this professional to do for you?

Sorting out your finance is a bit vague to make you any recommendations.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Todays Hot Rate
    3 year fixed – 6.57%

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

Peter Tracey.

I think the company is called Brian Tracey and co.

They’ve an accountant/planner in Penrith.

Profile photo of uniicornuniicorn
    @uniicorn

MortgageHunter, sorry about being vague. I don’t really have much experience at this yet. Here is my situation. PPOR and i/p both have mortgages, but both have equity. Also (I know this is a big no no but we will be rid of this soon) a personal car loan. We need advise on how best to deal with the lot and also on using the equity to purchase more i/p. Hubby is the only bread winner but on a good salary. We are looking at NZ as an investment option too, so not sure if that makes a difference with regards to who we see. Hope that is more what you are after???? Not even sure if that means we need a broker or something to source better mortgage deals or is that a whole other ball game? As you can see I am a beginner, hopefully not too many of you are laughing at me right now [confused2]

Deb

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Deb,

Noone is laughing – we have all been where you are.

I think a good broker could sit down and show you some loan structure ideas to set you up for your next step.

An accountant would be useful if you need to decide on what structure to buy a property under. I suggest you read up first so you aren’t paying a high hourly rate for someone to teach you the basics.

All the best,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Todays Hot Rate
    3 year fixed – 6.57%

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

The trouble with Financial Planners, is it is hard to find a good one that will recmoment property. Most earn high commissions from managed funds and annuities etc. So it may be best to find one that charges you upfront, rather than one that just gets a commission. This way, they should be less biased.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of prdnationwide1prdnationwide1
    @prdnationwide1

Hi Unicorn
    I am an agent in Penrith. I have also noticed that finacial planners tend to focus on the products that they make money on – as do I. There are two in Penrith that I know of who understand property. Drop me an email for their contact details. I ahve been harrassing them about the same things you have mentioned so they should be on the ball.
    Regards Darren

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.