Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of gladi8torgladi8tor
    @gladi8tor

Hi everyone,

Im a Positive Cash Flow player, thinking of setting up a trust. Is it Usefull and If so, what type should I use?
    Hybrid vs Family, and what are the standard cost to set up?

To Jetstar, I was informed by Prop.Guru that you have some property in WA, can you recommend a good solicitor, building inspector etc.

Thanks Guys

Joe Abadi

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

Hi Joe – with all these matters a good accountant familiar with property is invaluable to advise you. In this situation I would use a discretionary trust, which would allow me to channel income to the beneficiaries as desired.

Extensive list of ‘Off The Plan’ property available for sale in Perth.

John – 0419 198 856

Profile photo of ambskunkambskunk
    Participant
    @ambskunk

Hi Joe,

I have just finished openning up a trust so I think I can help you a bit.

A couple of good reasons for using a trust are:
    1. Tax minimisation
    2. Asset protection

In very very simplified terms, the trust can be equated to a company with you controlling it. The company buys properties (or other assests such as shares) and if (hopefully) your properties make money, you can distribute the income to nominated family members (starting with those on the lowest income and hence tax bracket first).

Also, because the trust owns the properties, if some sues you (eg if you are a doctor etc) then they can’t touch the properties because you don’t own them. This is more help for risk professions.

Another nice little benefit is the tax claims. Of course they have to be reasonable, but can include ‘meetings’ at the local pub where you can claim the cost of the meal and drinks, etc.

As for Hybrid Vs Family, If you intend on buying any negative geared properties hybrid is better otherwise family is stock standard.

They cost approx $2500-$3000 to set up and you need to complete a tax return for trust each year.

Phew. Hope that helps.

Andrew.

Blurb: Please see an accountant for professional advice.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

A trust is certainly very useful. As John mentioned, a discretionary would be ok if you are positively geared, but a hybrid may work out to be more effective tax wise, so check with you accountant. setup costs vary from $175 – $2500. I have even heard of one case where someone had a barrister prepare a trust deed whihc cost $10,000.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of gladi8torgladi8tor
    @gladi8tor

Thanks guys, thats all very helpfull,
    Have a great day

Joe Abadi

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.