All Topics / Opinionated! / Thanks Steve

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Thanks Steve,

Last week at your book launch in Melbourne, you mentioned that it costs about $100k to run this site. WOW – $100k of free info. I could just imagine myself paying $100k for a seminar on investing and yet you provide it to us for Free.

Thanks again.

Kind regards,
    George.

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

shocked2] WOW shocked2]
    Now there’s a breakdown I’d be more than happy to see; maybe Steve will shed some light on this one for us all Geo???

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

Monopoly, I think the main expense is the bandwidth you need for a site this size. This is actually someone’s private property that they are hosting.

Look, you do actually seem very interested in what Steve has to say. Do consider going to see him in person some time so you are not always starting threads off hearsay. Also it’s a great chance to meet some other forumites and maybe even learn something. Also if you actually bothered to read Steve’s book(s) I think you would gain a far greater understanding of where he is coming from. Once you got that, perhaps the frequency of vibe-killing posts from you might even start to decrease. I live in hope…

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Mini,

1. I have heard Steve speak publicly, but this was prior to my joining PI, so I daresay he hasn’t changed his direction since, which btw is neither here nor there for me.

2. I did not start this thread, I only responded to it, and asking a question based on someone’s comment is no a crime, well not since last time I looked.

3. I have a copy of Steve’s lastest book $1 Million in a Year, funnily enough my husband bought it home for me after dealing with a journo in which Steve had given an interview too, along with some notes from same!!!

Relax Mini, I am not out for blood, trust me, I hate the sight of the stuff!!!

Jo

Profile photo of SonjaSonja
    @sonja

Hi Steve (and associates)

Thankyou :)

(understatement)

Kindest Regards
    Sonja

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek
    Originally posted by Sonja:

Hi Steve (and associates)

Thankyou :)

(understatement)

Hi Sonja,

You really must control that excitement[biggrin]

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

I agree. it’s thanks to these forums for SO many things for me. Especially when i couldn’t find a single real life friend to discuss all this stuff with, I found virtual friends on the same wavelength who have turned into real live friends, and even a business partner and a few clients. so yeah THANKS steve!

Monopoly – “Relax Mini, I am not out for blood, trust me, I hate the sight of the stuff!!!” glad to hear it. Peace then and to higher learning and the sharing of ideas on this fine steve-hosted forum.

cheers-
    Mini

joy to the world

Profile photo of SonjaSonja
    @sonja

Hi Derek,

Nice joke :) !

Seroiusly I don’t know how to say what I have gained since first logging on here at PI.com – so many benifits. Both from the forum in general as well as from the many helpful and genuine individuals (such as yourself) who have given their time, knowledge and encouragement via PM and/or e-mail.

My simple stand-alone “thankyou” to Steve & co. for hosting the site is most sincere and is merely a summary of what I’m not sure how to list or put into words.

Just thought I’d like to put my name on the thankyou list. PI.com is most appreciated by me.

Cheers
    Sonja

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Sonja,

It’s my pleasure.

Thanks for your support and feedback. It’s nice to see that the effort contributed is appreciated.

Regards,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of PhoenixrisingPhoenixrising
    @phoenixrising

THANKS STEVE (shouts)

Profile photo of diclemdiclem
    @diclem

Yes, to Steve and all the hidden workers behind the scenes, we appreciate your efforts in all that you do on this site. I’ve learn’t so much, that sometimes I can give a semi-intelligent response to posts…..[biggrin]
    Cheers,
    Sue

“Be careful not to step on the flowers when you’re reaching for the stars”

Profile photo of Ali GAli G
    Participant
    @ali_g

If it were not for this site, Steve’s first book (yet to read the second) and the many generous forumites that post here also (they also deserve a ‘thank you’) I would not have any where near the understanding of property that I have now. I still have a long way to go – lots of nitty gritty to learn – but I feel that this is a good place to do a lot of that. Thank you Steve, but also everyone else, for assisting me in my learning journey.

Cheers,

Ali G

Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

General hosting and Bandwidth is very expensive.

Also I assume Steve pays a web designer to update the site and perhaps pays a fee for the forum (royalty payment to the progrmaers).

Then there is the merchant account and CC systems that need to be coded.

It’s not cheap running a site as popular as this one!

Rgds.
    Lucifer_au

Profile photo of elika7264elika7264
    @elika7264

Hello Steve,
    just adding my thanks to the previous posts. PI is great[biggrin].

So many people contribute and in turn receive advice. I am sure that everyone who logs on gets enormous benefit.

So THANKS STEVE

Regards,
    Helen

Profile photo of WallFlowerWallFlower
    @wallflower

I use to subscribe to a share trading website that was $500.00 a year. When i discovered this site (and the quality of info) i was stunned that it was free!!

Everyone here is so giving when it comes to info, it has truely helped me on my journey, not just investing but life also.

WF

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

I too wish to formally thank Steve for hosting this site. But hopefully, it gets recouped with all the courses, book sales and other material sold at this site.

So keep buying the other materials, attending the courses and buying the books.

That way I get to keep enjoying this forum.

Profile photo of 1Winner1Winner
    Participant
    @1winner

Yack, a sensible post.

When I don’t want to take away from the value of this website, every human activity has a reason to be. A website like this has a purpose in the owner’s overall economic activities and is expected to give some form of return even if only moral support it still fulfills a purpose.

As such then, all our small contribution also make the size of this website and hopefully give value to the visitor who then perhaps will be interested in books seminars etc.

If you post a response to someone question you also do it in your own time, generously, hoping it will be of some help to the one posing the question. So all in all “we” are somehow co-authors each one in his own small way in this multifaceted melange that is a bulletin board.

So, even when I’m sure Steve appreciates an expression of gratitude, the best way to express this gratitude is to post something of interest or answer a question
    That will contribute to the value of the place.

Personally I find the threads in “Opinionated” and other threads that go on a tangent and make some people edgy and uneasy the one with the most value.

When you read something that makes you uncomfortable, rather then feel defensive and put the barriers up, one should ask himself a question. WHY am I feeling so upset? The answer usually is in our comfort zone being challenged, and it is precisely this pushing us out of our comfort zone that makes the difference between success and failure.

When I read post of people who challenge popular wisdom or what is locally accepted as the truth, I am glad because it makes me rethink the values and principles I consider irrefutable. After all not long ago it was impossible to make a loss in RE, and before 1987 shares where much better than RE and before that the earth was flat …
    What will we be laughing about in one year time? 5?10?

Keep up the good work Steve and remember that you get paid according to the value you add to to other people’s life. I’m sure you are familiar with this principle.
    God bless
    Marc

May God prosper you always.[biggrin]
    Marc

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.