All Topics / Finance / Hard to get Finance

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of intrinsicintrinsic
    @intrinsic

Hi,

I am getting a little frustrated chasing loans.

Let me explain…

Due to a personal guarantee on a business loan I was made bankrupt (the business creditor forced this on me), and have recently been discharged (July this year) after serving my 3 year “term”.

I have started a new business (computer consulting) in the same month and it going ahead in leaps and bounds.

Have already put aside $25K from company profits as a deposit and put aside funds for gst, and future company tax. Pretty happy with that from 3 1/2 months of trading!

My problem is getting a loan.

Because of the combination of coming out of bankruptcy and starting a new business I am having a hard time finding finance.

The problem is either 13+ percent interest rate or a max LVR of 65%.

Is there a lender out there with a somewhat decent interest rate and reasonable LVR for someone in my circumstances?

I understand I will have to pay a higher interest rate, but around double seems more than a bit excessive.

I have fully up to date company accounts (yes only 3 1/2 months of trading) and all personal tax returns in, so I am not needing a low doc or no doc loan.

Any ideas?

By the way I am looking to buy the first property to live in with my partner, but will be buying additional properties in a family trust structure for investment.

My partner has no credit problems, but does not have a large enough income to get a loan in her name, and besides we really want to get my credit back on track.

Would welcome any comments.

Thanks

Profile photo of Mobile MortgageMobile Mortgage
    @mobile-mortgage

Hi Intirnsic,
    13% is way to high for a 3-year discharged bankrupt,
    Contact a decent mortgage Broker who has access to a wide range of lenders.

Regards
    Steven
    Mortgage Broker

[email protected]
    http://www.mobilemortgagemarket.com.au
    Ph:0402483216
    Ph:1800 820 500
    VICTORIA

PLEASE note comments made should not be taken as specific taxation, financial, legal or investment advice.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Hi

13% sounds very high!

There are about 5 main lenders (non-conforming) that could help you. eg. Discharged bankrupts (more than 1 year) could get up to 90% at 9.99% with Bluestone. but having only recently started your business will make it harder. With Bluestone, if you have less than 12 months trading history, the LVR would be a max of 75% with an interest rate of 9.29%.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of intrinsicintrinsic
    @intrinsic
    Originally posted by Mobile Mortgage:

Hi Intirnsic,
    13% is way to high for a 3-year discharged bankrupt,
    Contact a decent mortgage Broker who has access to a wide range of lenders.

Thanks for the reply!

I was only discharged in July this year after being bankrupt for three years.

Do the above comments still apply?

Profile photo of intrinsicintrinsic
    @intrinsic
    Originally posted by Terryw:

Hi

13% sounds very high!

There are about 5 main lenders (non-conforming) that could help you. eg. Discharged bankrupts (more than 1 year) could get up to 90% at 9.99% with Bluestone. but having only recently started your business will make it harder. With Bluestone, if you have less than 12 months trading history, the LVR would be a max of 75% with an interest rate of 9.29%.

The existing broker I talked to in Adelaide quoted 10.9% with Bluestone and 13% from liberty.

Would rates vary this much or is he getting a cut of the interest rate?

Less than 10% would be great if I could get a LVR of 80%. What are my chances?

Any other non confirming lenders out there? I know of pepper home loans but they have ignored my emails as I asked them for an Adelaide broker using their products.

Is it politically correct to ask for mortgage broker(s) to contact me on this board?

Thanks

@mobile-mortgage

Disharged July this year,
    You will be considered BBB with Bluestone,
    PAYG, 80% LVR around 9.99%

For recent self employed, Bluestone, BBB Business Easy, 70% LVR around 10.49%

Bluestone currently have a 1% discount until December 2005

Regards
    Steven
    Mortgage Broker

[email protected]
    VICTORIA

PLEASE note comments made should not be taken as specific taxation, financial, legal or investment advice.

@mobile-mortgage

Pepper,
    PAYG
    80% LVR 10.6%
    75% LVR 9.25%
    70% LVR 8.95%

LOW DOC 75% max 9.65%

Regards
    Steven
    Mortgage Broker

[email protected]
    VICTORIA

@mobile-mortgage

[/quote]

Is it politically correct to ask for mortgage broker(s) to contact me on this board?

Thanks

[/quote]
    Hi intrinsic
    By all means ask to be contacted, but I would not advise divulging your personal details, Phone number etc on the forum,
    You can request to be contacted by e-mail or PM (private message)
    Or you can contact any member of the forum via the PM function,

Regards
    Steven
    Mortgage Broker

[email protected]
    VICTORIA

Profile photo of skippygirlskippygirl
    @skippygirl

Hi,

Sorry to jump on the coat-tails of the thread, but it is topical for a deal I am looking at right now.

Could a broker comment on the loan options for a recently discharged bankrupt (2 months), self employed tradesperson, income around $90-$100K, about $25K cash for a deposit, parnter & 3 kids, what is the sort of loan product, LVR and rate likely to be offered by either a bank or non-bank lender to buy a house?

Thanks

skippygirl [biggrin]

@mobile-mortgage

Hi Skippy Girl,
    Today Pepper announced a 3.61% discount off there non conforming range until 31.3.05 after this period the rate will revert back to the appropriate rate for that particular product,

Based on your situation & assuming this would be a Low Doc, you would be looking at a rate of around 7.99% reverting back to 9.65% and 75% LVR.

Bluestone, around 10.49% and a 1% discount until December 2005 @ 70% LVR.
    Please note these figures are a guide only, there may be other options available to you.

Regards
    Steven
    Mortgage Broker

[email protected]
    VICTORIA

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

Intrinsic,

You sound like a good candidate for vendor finance.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

As a guide, these non conforming lenders have a credit matrix whereby they rate the applicant in terms of risk. Each lender is different, but most have about 5 ratings. Each rating has a different interest rate to reflect the risk. Low Docs are also a bit higher in interest rates, and rates also rise as you go higher with the LVR. If someone is a recent bankrupt of less than one one year, they may save about 0.60% if they waited until after 12 months.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of skippygirlskippygirl
    @skippygirl

Thanks Mobile Mortgage,

Luckily it’s not me, I love my AAA.
    It’s a potential wrap buyer who is comparing what he can get in terms of loan products c.f. the vendor terms I’m offering him.

Thanks again.

Cheers
    skippygirl [biggrin]

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.