All Topics / General Property / In need of real advice for a beginner …

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of FireCaesarFireCaesar
    @firecaesar

Hi guys,

I’m a newbie @ this so please forgive me if I ask what seems like a “stupid” question. I’m currently 22 and a student. That means I don’t have a regular job but I do have some cash on hand.

What I’m looking to do is purchase a house/apartment in the Brisbane area (preferably within 15km of the CBD).

1) How does one decide/judge whether a certain unit as above/below the market rate?
    2) What are the procedures like for purchasing some property in Brisbane?

Regards.

Profile photo of ShOw_Me_ThE_MoNeYShOw_Me_ThE_MoNeY
    @show_me_the_money

Getting started into the property matket is a good step.

You need to do good research in terms of:
    1. What u wanna buy (IP or Home to Live), & what price are u willing to pay and loan.
    2. Do a through research with the estate agents, council, once u have decided the property, try to find comparable sales figures so that u have a fair bit of idea of what the property is worth.

I’d say these are the first 2 steps and later on you have to decide on a negotiation strategy…. like how to approach the seller, how to approach banks and so on….. Have a look around and wish u luck…

Profile photo of secretgnomesecretgnome
    @secretgnome

try http://www.fairtrading.qld.gov.au/oft/oftweb.nsf/AllDocs/96CAD1992315E4064A256B4400304681/$File/Buying_a_home.pdf

I was just browsing around there and it’s got an ok summary of the process there.

and regards to the market price for a property, agents use http://www.realtor.com.au to make a CMA (Comparative Market Analysis). Im not sure how you pay the subscription fee from what I saw browsing the site, but I know numerous professional investors use it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.