Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Profile photo of trisha007trisha007
    @trisha007

Doesn’t anyone take holidays here?

Where does everyone like to go to recharge and relax?

I’m off to the lovely Victorian coast for a week so catch up with you all when I get back!!

P.S. Don’t invest too hard while I’m gone. he,he

Trisha[cool3]

Profile photo of elika7264elika7264
    @elika7264

Hi,
    when I get the chance to go away, all I want is a beach, the softest sand you can imagine, water gently lapping the shore, drinks service so that I don’t have to leave my beach chair and some really great books. Oh yes …. destination wise — I really love the Whitsundays.[sunny][sunny][sunny][sunny]

That’s the life[biggrin]
    Helen

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

Trisha,

sorry….. what’s a “holiday” ???

hehehehehehe…..

Boy do I need one…..

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Every day is a holiday and every meal a feast at my place!

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Todays Hot Rate
    3 year fixed – 6.57%

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of Ali GAli G
    Participant
    @ali_g

Simon, need more information… are you just a really optimistic kind of guy or do you have a deluxe beachfront pad and a live-in chef?? [biggrin]

To me there are two types of relaxing holidays:

1) The kind of place you go to to sit on the beach and do nothing eg. the Whitsundays, Port Douglas, etc.

2) The kind of place you go to when you want to be energised and recharged eg. South East Asia, third world countries. Sometimes the most relaxing of holidays are those that put you out of your comfort zone as when you get back to ‘reality’ at home it all just seems so easy…

Cheers,

Ali G

Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Seriously, I know what you mean. I loved backpacking through South East Asia – especially Cambodia and Laos. I plan a trip to India sometime when I can find time.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    0425 228 985

Todays Hot Rate
    3 year fixed – 6.57%

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

I was on holiday for 4 months 3 months ago and planning for my next one soon!

Trisha enjoy your holiday!

Cheers
    PropertyGuRu [sultan]
    Mortgage Consultant
    [email protected]

NZ loans and pre approval from 7.99%

Participant
    @ali_g
    Originally posted by MortgageHunter:

Seriously, I know what you mean. I loved backpacking through South East Asia – especially Cambodia and Laos. I plan a trip to India sometime when I can find time.

I actually had India in mind when I wrote that post. Simon, you must MAKE the time to go. It is a truly amazing country. It is a real eye opener and a total reality check. Even if you declare that you are not going there for a spiritual experience you will have one anyway!! The generosity of the people is what stays with me most. And if you do it on the cheap (ie. $2 hotels – the way to go!) when you get back you will appreciate the simple things in life, like having your mouth open under the water in the shower. You feel totally at ease when you return because the concerns you have here are put into perspective.

And you will never forget the experience.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Cheers,

Ali G

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

I remember boarding a Qantas plane in another country, bound for Australia, and feeling like hugging the cabin crew because it felt like a rescue mission. No more of that thanks. It’s Australia for me, plenty of paradise right here, and no shortage of spirituality, and every kind of scenery you could ask for.
    cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Participant
    @ali_g

Despite all the wonderful places in the world to see, I agree with you 100% thecrest. We live in the best country in the world. And yes, I am biased. [biggrin]

Cheers,

Ali G

Profile photo of MyydralMyydral
    @myydral

I have just returned from 6 months in Kuala Lumpur ( work ). Even though I enjoyed the experience, when I think about it, there is NO other place in the world I would rather call home.

I’ll visit places, but as Dorothy says…”There’s no place like home, There’s no place like home, There’s no place like home!”

“Looking forward to the day when I can tell the boss where to go”

Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Today is cold and wet – I can think of a dozen different countries I would rather be in right now.

But I am grateful to have been born here with the easy life and the opportunities we have![biggrin]

cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    0425 228 985

Todays Hot Rate
    3 year fixed – 6.57%

Profile photo of NobleoneNobleone
    @nobleone

Me, my wife and 5-year old son just got back from our 4-week holiday to the UK and Spain last Saturday night… Really made us appreciate just how wonderful Australia is… We may not have the history and culture but we’ve sure got the lifestyle, opportunities, diversity of natural beauty and IMHO the best bunch of people that you’d want to call friends and neighbours by far.

God can bless as many other countries as he wants but none of them beat Gods backyard… Australia.

Cheers, Nobleone.

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Just back from 6 weeks visting family and working in Canada and the UK. Nothing comes close to Australia.

Canada and the UK come close but I agree totally with Nobleone.

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

Yeah, Aussie rocks. I am even picking up the twang (so the Kiwis tell me) after 9 years living here.

my holiday plans? Well the 13 year old skiing star in our midst is off to Europe to compete in his first international ski-racing competitions (slalom!!!) with the Queenstown Alpine Ski-racing team, for the winter season. Unaccompanied by us to boot. So the need to take a long and action-packed summer holiday is somewhat diminished. So instead this year my partner and I think we will probably only take a week or so off for Christmas – I’ll come back to rock out in Lorne for NY eve and then get back into work cause I have a big project to complete by the end of Jan.
    I’ll miss the usual month in NZ though, last year we hired a villa on the beach with 11 friends which was a blast.

joy to the world

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

i agree with ali g.

sometime i like to vedge for a week or so depending on how stressful the prevoius 6 months have been so Port Douglas, Broome, just about anywhere on coast will do..

othertimes we try and look for some inspiration/perspective. Best destinations for this have been Nepal (220 km/14 day hike), Bangladesh, and a little closer to home the gibb river road in the Kimberleys. makes us realise how small we are and how big and great the world actually is..

would love to do a hike throught he victorian high country. little more difficult with a small child though..

Profile photo of trisha007trisha007
    @trisha007

Thats the life,
    If only I could be on holidays permenantly..

I enjoyed my time at the beach, although it couldve been a bit warmer.

I am a serious summer beach babe, bring on the hot weather[cool4]

Trisha

Profile photo of ScreminScremin
    @scremin

Shh Aussie Rogue… yOu’re not suppose to encourage people to come to WA for holidays… Things get too busy then… I kinda like that WA is underrated as a holiday destination. Personally, I’d love to keep it that way. We selfish in WA. We like the fact you can drive four hours and still not be anywhere near where you are wanting to be.
    Steph.

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

steph – i like w.a. alot – yr very lucky. esperence is amazing, as is the entire coast – coral bay, ningaloo reef etc….we spent 3 months camping…

but i promise not to tell anyone so it doesnt get too busy..

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.