All Topics / General Property / Offshore Investment help needed =)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of SeraphinSeraphin
    @seraphin

Hi everyone, I’am new to the world of IP but am thouroughly enjoying the experiance. Have learned so much by reading all your posts, your all so helpful [biggrin] and look forward to learning more from you all in the future.

I am interested in learning about investing in property offshore especially in NZ and was wondering if anyone had a good search site like realestate.com.au here in Australia for looking at NZ property. Also are there any good sites out there that could help me as far as the legal, political, financial hurdles involved in investing in NZ property =)

any help would be greatly appreciated
    thankyou for taking the time to read my first ever post[cap] [cap]

Seraphin

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi Seraphin,

Welcome to the forum..

There certainly is a great search site..

It is:

http://www.realenz.co.nz

There are still some great deals to be found in NZ compared to Australia.

All the best,

Del

Passionate about NZ +ve cashflow property!!! We can source property for you for a fee. Send me your email address to join our database to receive great NZ property deals!!

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

what we really need is a separate forum for NZ investing – the topics all seem to end up being posted under ‘general’.

Extensive list of ‘Off The Plan’ property available for sale in Perth.

John – 0419 198 856

Profile photo of SeraphinSeraphin
    @seraphin

thankyou wilandel that site is just what I needed =)

Profile photo of nmcacenmcace
    Participant
    @nmcace

Hello,

As far as investing overseas goes, I’ve bought a couple here and in NZ, but was thinking about places like the States and Europe. Does anyone have any tips, tricks and pitfalls for investing further afield than NZ?

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

Hi Seraphin,
    i have looked into this,
    basically the easiest way to buy, say in the UK, US etc. is to do the following.
    Pay cash for first IP in foreign country, you can do this buy using a LOC on property in australia.
    get a good accountant in the foreign country who will lodge with their tax department, that you are a non resident for tax purposes. inform your accountant here to tell the ATO about foreign income coming into the country.
    Add value to the property, and revalue/get new loan with the bank in the foreign country, this will release the equity.
    use that equity to buy further IP’s in that country.
    i was also looking at a way to do this with an offshore bank account, however most banks dont like to lend you the money because it is harder to track you down should you default.
    hope this is some help
    cheers
    shaun

Lead, Follow or get out of the bloody way

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.