All Topics / General Property / re: spotting

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of kashkash
    @kash

hey there all,
    i am really new to this property investing thing and have read a great number of books on this topic. though i am currently studying a masters in applied finance and professional accounting in the uni, i am deeply interested in positive cf property. i was just wondering what the scope of work for spotters is like… how much does one charge if one is a spotter and what do you have to give to the purchaser? what kind of information?

appreciate any help whatsoever
    thanks

kash
    budding investor[biggrin]

nathan black

Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

Well the level of remuneration generally applies to how much you are going to hold their hand and your mareting effort.

Rgds.
    Lucifer_au

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Kash,

One of the first things you will need to provice as a ‘would be’ spotter is a high degree of credibility. This is best (or should that be only?) achieved by being an investor yourself and by having the runs on the board.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of kashkash
    @kash

i see. well, thanks so much for the answer. but what kind of information do i need to provide and whats the fee like? just a ballpark estimate on what i am supposed to ask from the client… perhaps an example of a past venture would help.

thanx guys[biggrin]

nathan black

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

Kash,

As a masters in applied finance and professional accounting, I reckon there are better ways to spend your time.

Spotters are illegal in Australia.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

– Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Profile photo of Scotty BScotty B
    @scotty-b

Hi

This “illegal” thing has come up a few times now..

I’ve done some research of my own and have found no issues doing this in WA.

For myself the legal issues I came across were that unlike NZ I can’t sign a contract and then hand it over to someone else, if my name is on the contract then it is me who is buying the property.

I assume things can be very different in other states.

Comments welcome

I live in Karratha and for a fee find quality cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

Scotty,

I’ve done the research too – and you reckon that none of the Real Estate and Business Agents Act 1978, the Code of Conduct for Agents and Sales Representatives and the Real Estate and Business Agents (General) Regulations 1979 apply to you?

hmm – well I hope you can run fast.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

– Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

I read an article from REBA which states that spotting is not illegal… it spelt out the differences between acting as an agent and spotting. Unless you lived in a highly CF+ area like Scotty B e.g. Karratha, I think you would struggle to spot deals and it would be atough way to make a $.

Extensive list of ‘Off The Plan’ property available for sale in Perth.

John – 0419 198 856

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.