All Topics / General Property / Rusden Apartments

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of 01234567890123456789
    Participant
    @0123456789

Hi,

I am new to the investing world so if you could give me some guidance it will be greatly appreciated.

I have recently looked at some apartments – in Victoria near Monash University, and I am thinking to invest.

It is a 2 bedroom place, and close to facilities such as Monash Uni, bus stop, medical centre, station and new synchotron.

The concern I have is that people say capital appreciation is usually through the land value, but with the apartment all I am buying is the fixture and fittings… which depreciates…

Also the apartments are in stage 2 of selling… there will be 4 stages… do you think there will be trouble finding a tenant…

The place is still under construction… but okay priced… what does everyone think?

Profile photo of sui generissui generis
    @sui-generis

I used to be a student at Monash in the 1990’s and know that there was plenty of demand for flats to rent by students, especially if these flats were walking distance to the university.

Check with the Monash Uni Student Accommodation Service to find out the demand and what sort of flats are preferred by students.

Also be open to the idea, if you are aiming at the student market, that many students will share the flat with lots of others. I had friends who shared a 2 bedroom flat with 6 others!

Ring rental managers for the area to determine demand for your type of flat.

Good luck!

SG

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Which Monash campus are they being build at?

thanks and regards,
    George.

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Profile photo of 01234567890123456789
    Participant
    @0123456789

clayton near halls of residence

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Hi 0123456789 (hmmm…that was easy!!!)[tongue]

Bear in mind that student rentals can have “seasonal” issues, ie. less demand/higher vacancy rates during school holiday times.

Do a search on “student accommodation” and although much of it may pertain to students renting houses on a “room by room” basis, some information may still be useful in providing tips eg. on the sorts of things you can provide as a student accomm landlord/lady.

Plus there are few people in here who have homes they let to students, try having a chat to them. Two that spring to mind (although I am sure there are many others) include MortgageHunter and Jars11.

I think the Synchrotron is going to be an awesome benefit to this country in so many ways!!![specool]

Cheers,

Jo

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Jo
    What on earth is a synchrotron ????

and where can I get one…
    KP

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Of course you can have one kp; but you had better have a big backyard, and an even bigger wallet for one of these babies!!! [grin]

Check it out:

http://www.monash.edu.au/synchrotron/about/

Jo

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.