All Topics / General Property / Property Maths

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of bigboof88bigboof88
    Participant
    @bigboof88

G’Day Guys
    I was wondering if anybody could tell me a good book which explains cruching numbers for property thanks.
    Bigboof

Bigboof

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Hi Bigboof,

This is a very vague question. “Crunching numbers” before buying property will be heavily reliant on what numbers you are crunching; that is, how much you have to spend, how much you want to get for your money (returns), whether you plan to buy positive or negative geared properties, and the list goes on!!!

You will need to be more specific on what you want to know. Basically, it is more a matter of deciding what numbers you intend to “crunch” and what the sort of answers you hope to gain through your numerical analysis.

There are books on so many investing strategies, which is why you need to decide what your plans are; ie. growth or cashflow. If it is strictly to calculate figures, you may not even need a book; a simple calculator can answer your questions.

Cheers,

Jo

Profile photo of bigboof88bigboof88
    Participant
    @bigboof88

Dear Monoploy
    What I wanted to know is what the property is going to cost you and what sort of return you want.
    Thanks
    Boof

Bigboof

@monopoly

Hi Bigboof,

How can I answer that for YOU???

It depends on what the property is going to cost YOU and what YOUR return will be, not mine.

For example, it depends on how much the property costs to begin with, how much you will be eligible to borrow, whether you plan to use IO or P&I repayments, the sorts of rental returns for similar properties in the area (if you intend to use it as a rental IP), the list just goes on.

I don’t understand what YOU are wanting to know specifically!!! As I said, if you want simple calculations, any everyday calculator can achieve this, the financial analysis, or “doing your sums” part is up to YOU.

Jo

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Monopoly you big meanie….. :(((

Give boof a break…and suggest a book.

boof, if you haven’t already read 0 – 130 properties, start there. There are examples of real property transactions in it ( umbers crunched)
    Also the Jan Somers books have examples in themm..try starting there..

KP

@monopoly

Hi kp,

Wasn’t trying to be mean, was trying to understand exactly what it was Boof was wanting, and somehow getting nowhere fast….but now that you have come in to save the day (and my sanity) well what can I say, except:

[specool] ONYA KP!!! [medieval]

Boof, watch this man; the guy is pure GENIUS!!!

Cheers,

Jo

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Too funny Mono….
    Remember….sunshine pls…heard its going to be 32 on Tues ????
    Youre a GENUIS back…..and I will never doubt you again….ever…never….hehehe

I know you were trying to get more info before making a suggestion….for boof…to substantiate that “HEART OF GOLD” of yours…

Re,
    kP

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.