All Topics / Opinionated! / Interesting point

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

Steve,

Just attended the Gold Coast Doctor Seuss recitation and had a good evening. I have a question I would like to ask..

How come you no longer drink milk?

Is this a dietary move or something health related?

WaySolid

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Derrrr Way [blink]

It’s obvious isn’t it??? The famous “cashcows” have run dry!!!![grin]

Just kidding Steve, but you gotta admit, he did leave himself open for that one??!![tongue]

Jo

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Milk comes from cows, Steve is not a cow. He is a soyabean!

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

@monopoly

My reference was to the properties being cashcows TerryW, not Steve; he’s the milkman!!! [biggrin]

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

I tired to go milk-free after a Tony Robbins event some years ago and found that it has a good impact on my health.

Later I did more research and was shocked at what I found. Check this out as a start: http://www.rense.com/general26/milk.htm

But… at the end of the day I thought I can always go back to drinking cows milk, so let’s see what happens if I give it a rest.

Cheers,

– Steve

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of calvin_thirty4calvin_thirty4
    Participant
    @calvin_thirty4

Ohhh…..argghh
    I feel sick! Thanx Steve, ignor the grimace on my face! I mean that sincerely…….

Cheers

C@34

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

hmmmm….well, what can I say – but farm life is not for the squeamish. I think with all our tetra-pak chilled supermarket aisles we forget that milk is from a whompin’ stompin’ cattle breast, eggs are from chicken bums, etc etc…

Yes, it might have ‘germs’ but none different from those we inhale all the time.

….
    *but i just love cheese*

*cheesy grin*

joy to the world

Profile photo of wayneLwayneL
    @waynel

>>Yes, it might have ‘germs’ but none different from those we inhale all the time.<<

It’s not the germs.

The author of that article has a site:

http://www.notmilk.com

There are a number of healthissues related to milk. Some , quite the opposite of what we are led to believe.

We have been dairy free for about 12 years now.

Profile photo of FWFW
    @fw

I brought my kids up in the early years on breast milk then soy milk.
    They never had ear infections, colds, anything really – my little girl, now 3.5, has never even been to a doctor.
    Coincidence? I’m not so sure!

Keep smiling
    Felicity 8-)

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

Gee isnt it nice to have information available to make choices. Porridge with soy milk is disgusting, tea with soy milk is foul. So even though it and several other things are supposed to kill me in various degrees my choice is just tha, mine to make.

Worry more about Sodium Laurel Sulfate and Propelyne Glycol, these are known carcenogens used in your toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoo and handwash. They are incremental in their absorbsion into your system. Very few products we all use every day do not have these aweful products in them. Why do you think they only have ingredients on the cardboard box of your toothpaste and not the tube. Coz you look at the tube every day and might just notice that you are adding a bit more cancer causing agent into your system. Then gargle with Listerine, woops there you go again, thats after the shower with a bit from here a bit from there.

No wonder 100 years ago it was 1 in 80 that got cancer and now it is 1 in 3. I’ll drink milk thanks. There are bigger fish to fry.

DD

Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

@monopoly

Absolutely DD!!! Beautifully put!!!

If the products that we consume us don’t kill us, I’m sure the paranoia will!!! [thumbsup]

Get real people; live your life as best you can; enjoy the things that nature provided, eat healthy food (as long as it is not to excess) and don’t be afraid to sample everything that is to your liking, get plenty of exercise and fresh air, and leave the rest to the powers that be!! Sheesh!![rolleyesanim]

Jo

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

But what were the comparitive life expectancies?

Profile photo of SuperTedSuperTed
    @superted

Not all soy milk is the same!!

For all the people that think soy milk tastes like cardboard (this includes me).

Try a product called BonSoi its japanese and tastes awesome (creamy) nothing like those aussie soy brands.

Since trying Bonsoi, we converted to “soy” around 6 months ago. Costs around 3.60/litre but since it only goes in coffee and random cerial its lasts a while.

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

Super Ted – if it is only going in coffee and random cereal then how much calcium are you getting in your diet?

Extensive list of ‘Off The Plan’ property available for sale in Perth.

John – 0419 198 856

@waynel
    Originally posted by AusProp:

Super Ted – if it is only going in coffee and random cereal then how much calcium are you getting in your diet?

John – 0419 198 856

Question:

Where did the cow get the calcium from?

Ding Ding!

The key is synergy…calcium/magnesium/silica/etc/etc/etc

Plus, excessive animal protein causes calcium leaching.

Cheers

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

my point is though: it doesn’t matter what your calcium source is, be it milk, soy, whatever… if it is only in your coffee or an occasional bowl of cereal you can’t be getting enough. Am not criticising as I am the same – but you have to expect long term implications such as low bone density.

John – 0419 198 856

@waynel

John,

The dairy industry would have us believe that milk is the ONLY source of calcium.

Not true. It is one of the most common minerals on earth and is in nearly everything.

Bone density and intake of milk is actually inversely correlated. The countries with the highest dairy intake also have the highest rate of osteoporosis.

The majority of societies have little or no dairy consumption…and have very little osteoporosis.

Cheers

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.