All Topics / Forum Frolic / New Words 2004- Very good!

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Essential NEW WORDS FOR 2004 additions for the work-place vocabulary.

TESTICULATING

Waving your arms around and talking Bollocks.

BLAMESTORMING

Sitting around in a group, discussing why a deadline was missed or a project failed, and who was responsible.

SEAGULL MANAGER

A manager who flies in, makes a lot of noise, craps on everything, and then leaves.

ASSMOSIS

The process by which people seem to absorb success and advancement by sucking up to the boss rather than working hard.

SALMON DAY

The experience of spending an entire day swimming upstream only to get screwed and die.

CUBE FARM

An office filled with cubicles.

PRAIRIE DOGGING

When someone yells or drops something loudly in a cube farm, and people’s heads pop up over the walls to see that’s going on.(This also applies to applause from a promotion because there may be

cake.)

MOUSE POTATO

The on-line, wired generation’s answer to the couch potato.

SITCOMs

Single Income, Two Children, Oppressive Mortgage. What yuppies turn into when they have children and one of them stops working to stay home with the kids or start a “home business.”

STRESS PUPPY

A person who seems to thrive on being stressed out and whiny.

XEROX SUBSIDY

Euphemism for swiping free photocopies from one’s workplace.

PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE

The fine art of whacking the side of an electronic device to get it to work again.

ADMINISPHERE

The rarefied organisational layers beginning just above the rank and file. Decisions that fall from the “adminisphere” are often profoundly inappropriate or irrelevant to the problems they were designed to solve. This is often affiliated with the dreaded “administrivia” – needless paperwork and processes.

OHNOSECOND

That minuscule fraction of time in which you realise that you’ve just made a BIG mistake (e.g. you’ve hit ‘reply all’)

WOOFies

Well Off Older Folk

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of Ali GAli G
    Participant
    @ali_g

You got me laughing Redwing… maybe because it’s really late, maybe because it’s my birthday and it’s “all over” I may as well laugh, or maybe just because I can relate all too much… [biggrin] Looks like I really am a mouse potato then…? [blink][blink]Thanks for the late night giggle!

Ali G

Profile photo of Scotty BScotty B
    @scotty-b

Just emailed those to everyone I work with.

V Funny

[thumbsupanim]

I live in Karratha and for a fee find quality cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo
    Originally posted by Ali G:

maybe because it’s my birthday

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALI G

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Profile photo of Ali GAli G
    Participant
    @ali_g

Thanks Geo! [biggrin]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.