All Topics / Creative Investing / Confession time

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 58 total)
  • Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Hi all,

Thought we could have some fun for a minute or two??? [blink]

Seems there have been numerous threads started at various times, all centred around questions asking the same old “how do I make (lots of) money”???

I thought why not talk about the money we (self included) often forget about; the “mad” [wacko] or “splurge” [upsidedown] money that we unconsciously spend without a second thought. The endless dollars, that when you actually stop and look closely at add up to a tidy little sum.

For example, I am now a (non-preaching) reformed smoker, coffee tottling (please not tea, even I’m not that repentant) stay at home, cook every night housewife!!! OMG what has my life become?? [lmao] and am I any better off financially??? Heck yeah, those smokes, drinks and bad men were costing me a fortune!!! [laugh4][laugh4][laugh4]

Seriously, have a think….what are some of the things that you do, and maybe could change, that could help set you back on the financially righteous path!!! Don’t just say yeah I could quit smoking; try and put a dollar value to it, for example:

smoking 1 packet a day @ $7 x 365 = $2555
    dining out (x1)/takeaway (x2) weekly @ $100 x 52 = $5200
    I cafe latte per day @ $3 x 365 = $1095

Tallied up; you have spent $8850 on feeding your face and damaging your lungs!!! Shame shame shame!!! [glum2]

Go on, fess up…where’s your money going??? Hmmmmmmm???[blush2][blush2][blush2]

Profile photo of calvin_thirty4calvin_thirty4
    Participant
    @calvin_thirty4

Funny you should post this,

last night Sally (my wife) and I sat down and worked out a Budget! One that she could understand and work with. Much simpler than my usual efforts and, low-and-behold, there is an extra $649.00 each fortnight that we have managed to blow on who knows what![hmmm]

Payday tomorrow! Next payday it’s Bye-bye Credit Card! 9.02.05 its Bye-bye GE Finance! 31.08.05 it’s Bye-bye CBA Personal Loan.[party]

WOHOOOO!!!! IPs Here we come!

I can’t get her to read the books, but she’s a smart cooky and knows what she wants![biggrin]
    (Now she’s getting the Fast track 2 CDs, too, hehehehe)

Later ya-all.

Cheers

C@34

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

I’ve got my eyes on the new Mercedes SLK, that could be another IP. Question is – whats more exciting? You only live once…

Extensive list of ‘Off The Plan’ property available for sale in Perth.

John – 0419 198 856

Profile photo of Scotty BScotty B
    @scotty-b

Hi

I’d hate to think (and calculate) how much money I spend on beer and take-away food [blush2]

I’m so depressed, I think I need a beer and a pizza [biggrin]

I live in Karratha and for a fee find quality cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of techatecha
    @techa

The most expensive habit youll ever have is a Wife/Girlfriend/lover or all three.

Profile photo of brahmsbrahms
    Participant
    @brahms

hey Jo – depends on who you are having coffee with, who your lunch dates are..??

1 x lunch = $45 = 2 referred prospects = …per month

cheap and enjoyable (woops forgot the gym fees)

cheers

Brendan Heagney
    Mortgage Broker
    07 3240 4815

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly
    Originally posted by brahms:

hey Jo – depends on who you are having coffee with, who your lunch dates are..??

Too true brahms,

And although rare, I’ve had shockers on both counts!!! [wacko]

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Hey techna, it depends of the wife/girlfriend etc. If you get a good one, then she’s the one out there organising the IP’s, arranging the finance etc. Too busy to be spending the money elsewhere mate!

How do I know this? Becasue I’m one of those wives who does do all this side of it and there’s plenty of others on here to.

Well, I guess you just laid the bait and I just took it hook, line and sinker! But hey, it’s all in good fun.

PK

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

sorry -but i get tempte to easily. If Im at the airport, cafe, walking in the street – then I have to have a coffe, vanilla slice, hedgehog and the list goes on.

ooohhh…and those vending machines at the stations – there goes another $2.00 every day…and you’ve got to love those 7-11 stores – they’re just so convenient[confused2]

aaarrrhhhh[angry2]…

Geo.

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Profile photo of emcdonaldemcdonald
    @emcdonald

large latte (x2) daily = $3.50 x 2 x 365 = $2555pa
    facials (x2) monthly = $80 x 2 x 12 = $1920pa
    new shoes = let’s not even go there

you’re right jo, so much money spent on the nonessentials…

Profile photo of alwayscuriousalwayscurious
    Participant
    @alwayscurious

I have a penchant for books. I’ve gone on a spree this month – purchasing about $50 worth of books (from ebay, at least I got them 1/2 price!!)

So that’s my deal. And I like sushi. a bit. And a bit of curry takeaway once a fortnight or so.. erm.. ahem. and ..

I will justify it tooth and nail. :)

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo
    Originally posted by emcdonald:
    facials (x2) monthly = $80 x 2 x 12 = $1920pa

Do these things actually work – if so, then wouldn’t it be an essentail for the skin and body???[confused2]

Regards,
    Geo.

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Yes, I think we do what makes us feel good, but then again, I’m a hedonist :o)

I worked out last night that I spend an extra 20% of my income- over and above minimum payments- on investments, so I reckon I can spend the rest on what I like. I am hardly going to miss out on the things I enjoy in life, so that I can have a few extra bucks when I’m too old to enjoy them. I’ve never denied myself the things I want.

Some people would call this “wasting money on non-essentials”, but I call it having a life.

I think the thing is, too, that we all spend money on what is important to us. Some spend on home reno’s, others on school fees, others on seminars, whereas my income is disposable with no commitments.

Anit Bell reckoned to drive around in a torana and dress your kids from an op shop, rather than spend one cent on anything other than investments… but I would rather live now, than rely on this unimagineable wealth when one is at retirement age, and then possibly have a stroke so it becomes useless sacrifice anyway.

kay henry

@monopoly

No no no no no!!![guilty][guilty][guilty]

Not for one minute was I suggesting that one should forego having fun, and enjoying their lives. This was just an exercise in examining one’s unconscious spending; you know the odd cents/dollars here and there that add up over the course of time, without us actually realising.

IMO one should NEVER forget to enjoy life, and if that means just a few little indulgences, well so be it!!!

Emc I too enjoy my beauty pamperings, facials, manicures, pedicures, bikini/leg waxes, etc etc, and for me, they’re worth every cent; I feel (and hopefully to others, look) like a million bucks afterwards!!!

Cheers, [biggrin]

Jo

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek
    Originally posted by Monopoly:

Emc I too enjoy my beauty pamperings, facials, manicures, pedicures, bikini/leg waxes, etc etc, and for me, they’re worth every cent; I feel (and hopefully to others, look) like a million bucks afterwards!!!

So – is this considered an investment in an asset or a renovation?

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

@monopoly

Errrr sadly [glum2] no (shame file here I come)!!![bawl]

Although when newly single it may have been, but now that the husband is secured, perhaps not!!![guilty]

Thanks Derek, I feel soooooo much better now [blush2][blush2]

Cheers [biggrin]

Jo

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Derek, it’s tearing away the carpet to expose the floorboards underneath, and then polishing them for a buff finish :O)

kay henry

@monopoly

Absolutely Kay, well said!!!! [grin]

[angel] Alleluliah…..I am redeemed [hypocrite]

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo
    Originally posted by kay henry:

Derek, it’s tearing away the carpet to expose the floorboards underneath, and then polishing them for a buff finish :O)

very good explanation Kay – i think your CIA – good codenames though…

Profile photo of NEWGENNEWGEN
    Participant
    @newgen
    Originally posted by PurpleKiss:

Hey techna, it depends of the wife/girlfriend etc. If you get a good one, then she’s the one out there organising the IP’s, arranging the finance etc. Too busy to be spending the money elsewhere mate!

So true!! My girlfriend works in finance so she’s the level headed one that does all the budgeting etc.. I’m the annoying typical male boyfriend that HAS to have his toys.. whether it be new home theatre equipment, a new laptop, a new mobile phone.. a new car….. haha. She puts me in my place.. but she DOES let me buy extravagant items when she sees how happy they’d make me.. SHE’S THE BEST!! [inlove]

At the moment I’m being pretty good and not buying too many toys and gadgets (it’s probably due to the fact that I’ve got most the things I want already! lol). The only thing I spend money on now on a regular basis is DVDs for my library [happy3]

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.