Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Brenda IrwinBrenda Irwin
    Participant
    @brenda-irwin

My sister has just signed a contract for her first ever house! [biggrin]

It’s just a modest little 2 bedder timber house for $80k.

She has previously been renting a house for $120pw but she knew the rent was going to rise again soon. Her wages pa are approx 29k and she has a 15yr old daughter to support.

What really makes this amazing is that by getting the FHOG of $7k and adding $1k of savings, she only has to borrow $72k. She has enough savings to cover the insurance, legals and loan costs herself. The repayments on the 30yr P&I loan at standard variable rates are only $460 per month or around $106 per week. Council rates are around $1000pa or $19pw.

So essentially, my sister has a free house![cap]

If you want to get out of a hole, first stop digging.

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Brenda,

great story… but i dont see how the sums, work out and add up to a free house… but great to hear the excellent news for your sister.

Cheers,
    sis

Wanna Talk About Stocks

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

SIS,

I think it adds up to a free house as she was paying $120pw in rent whihc was due to go up and now she’ll be paying $125pw in mortgage and expenses, therefore the cost is relativley the same but she’ll own it instead of it being dead money.

Regards
    PK

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.