All Topics / Value Adding / Kit Homes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of Jumbo123Jumbo123
    @jumbo123

Hello all

I am looking at putting two kit homes on a block of land that i have in Tasmania. I have looked at some of the homes that Valley Kit homes provide and was wondering whether anyone has heard anything about this company or any other kit home companies.

Thank you

Profile photo of MartineMartine
    Participant
    @martine

Hi there Jumbo 123
    I looked at Valley kit homes to build one on my land when I investigated I foudn that the price did not include the flooring or the stumps, so make sure that when you get a quote it includes these bits. My sister built a kit home on her land, it was not a valley kit home, but once again did not include the stumps. Hope this helps
    Martine

Profile photo of BlitzemBlitzem
    Participant
    @blitzem

Hi Jumbo123

I was looking at a property with a Valley Kit home buit on it. I must confess I’m in QLD and I didn’t know they were in Tassie (perhaps it’s another co – not sure)
    The home was 4 yrs old and looked ok.

Check out the competitors – just so a google search for kit homes.

Cheers

Chad

Profile photo of sui generissui generis
    @sui-generis

Martine makes a very good point. I was once considering a kit home (my brother built his beautiful home with some of his mates) and what I have learnt is that you need to look into the inclusions very carefully. Do NOT assume that this or that will be included. Get it in writing from the company. At least you won’t get unpleasant surprises.

I didn’t proceed with the Kit home option since I , being female, have no “mates” in the building trades and living in another state than my brother, I really wasn ‘t prepared to manage the construction of it myself. Pity, because it would have produced a nicer home than the bricky that I now have. Shouldn’t complain, though …

Profile photo of Jumbo123Jumbo123
    @jumbo123
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.