All Topics / General Property / Darwin Activity

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of YorkerYorker
    @yorker

Just returned from a brief trip up to our top end. Noticed that there is an abundance of development activity going on. Am a little concerned that supply will far out strip demand.

Profile photo of brent2brent2
    Participant
    @brent2

Hi there,

As you may well be.

Havent seen the latest population figures, would have expected howver that the flood out of NT had been halted by our magnificent last dry season. The build up has started, so it is now crunch time. When the figures come out, I will post them to you.

Believe vacancy rates only 5% currently, will rise as Southerners leave their rentals in the next month or so, and head back down south for the nicer weather down there.

Regards,

Brent2

Profile photo of YorkerYorker
    @yorker

A highly regarded property manager up there told me that in the wet season the population of Darwin can shrink by around 20,000 people. Guess it might bring some bargains if there were forced sellers in this period. Terrible time of year to be up there though, boiling hot, and terrential rain that can last for weeks. Glad I live in NSW.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.