All Topics / General Property / Docklands and Southbank?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of J-RockJ-Rock
    @j-rock

I’m just beginning to research into apartments in these areas, but I’m from interstate so I need a little advice from people who know the area. This apartment is not for any short term investment gains so I’m not concerned with rental returns, vacancies etc. Rather I want to buy in the area of either the Docklands or Southbank that will afford the most LIKELY capital gains increase in the medium to long term. This apartment will mainly be used as a place to stay while over there on business but also I would like it to allow easy access to all the area has to offer in terms of restaurants, transport, entertainment etc. I’d also like to know which area people on this forum would prefer Southbank or the Docklands, and their reasons why.

All I’m looking for here is opinions and I know they will be just that, opinions. So don’t be afraid to be specific as I intend on doing a lot more research before I buy. Any information is greatly appreciated :)

J-Rock

P.S. I’m probably more interested in 3+ bedders.( I don’t know if this would make a difference to peoples recommendations.)

Profile photo of clare kclare k
    Participant
    @clare-k

I have heard that Docklands is great as far as locallity goes if you were going to live in it yourself. Everything on your doorstep so to speak, however my experience has shown me that is is difficult to get finance for these areas.

Cheers
    Clare
    [email protected]

Profile photo of J-RockJ-Rock
    @j-rock

Thanks for the reply Clare. Thankfully in this case finance won’t be a problem. I’m probably a little more interested in the specifics of the area eg. what one part of the Docklands offers over another, is one tower better located than the next etc.

Profile photo of elika7264elika7264
    @elika7264

Hi,
    have you checked out the Docklands web site. That might have some of the information you require. At least its a good starting point.

Helen[biggrin]

Profile photo of LeilaLeila
    @leila

Hi J-Rock,
    I assume you know that if you’re looking for an investment property at Docklands, returns are looking fairly poor at the moment.

Having said that, I actually think the Docklands environment is great – and is really well serviced with new infrastructure and the waterfront outlook is fantastic.

I know someone who has worked on a number of high-rise developments in this area and he recommends “Village Docklands” (not yet completed) as the best part of the Docklands ‘suburb’ to buy into, based on the reputation of the company behind this part of the Docklands for high-quality apartments and their intention to build a community within a community.

The Docklands website is a great resource, as previously suggested.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Leila
    [biggrin]

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hey J-Rock,

For the following reason – then its a good buy

This apartment will mainly be used as a place to stay while over there on business but also I would like it to allow easy access to all the area has to offer in terms of restaurants, transport, entertainment etc.

However, there is no sign at the moment for Capital growth or rental returns – prices have plummeted dramatically from $700k and $800k to $400k. If it was upto me, and I was to buy for leisure and the views – then I would choose New Quay – great apartments going up there.

This apartment is not for any short term investment gains…Rather I want to buy in the area of either the Docklands or Southbank that will afford the most LIKELY capital gains…

Kind regards,
    George.

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.