All Topics / General Property / Kaitaia NZ any thoughts

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of spodgespodge
    @spodge

Has anyone purchased in Kaitaia NZ or have you looked at the area. Situated far north of North Island, Population of around 5000, median house price steadily increasing from around $80K to $130K over past couple of years, airport set to start O/S operations, great tourist potential, good rental demand & returns.

Any comments welcome

Cheers

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Spodge,

I must confess I am no expert on NZ so please take my comments with a ‘grain of salt’.

I did a quick net search and found a website that says K’s population has remained stagnant in the 1991 – 2004 period at just over 5000 people.

Population growth is one of the key drivers of sustainable growth and rental demand and, based on my investment criteria, K wouldn’t cut the mustard for me.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Henry,

Nah – checked past posts and Sponge is based in SA and started his NZ journey very recently. I see the question as being genuine not like another of his early post of a couple of months ago.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi,

Although I have never actually been there, I feel that this area will one day be very expensive. Perhaps for retirees moving to a seachange.

Just my opinion,

Del

Profile photo of spodgespodge
    @spodge

No, this is a genuine question, not an Ad. I visited NZ a couple of months ago but did not make it up as far as Kaitaia.

The post Derek refers to that may have been viewed as an ad was seeking someone to takeover an offer on a Whyalla property for 1% of the purchase price which would have covered my costs of visiting the town for four days checking out properties. I eventually purchased four, all tenanted and could not buy another whose offer was accepted. I am not in the business of buying and selling properties on the internet just accumulating properties for my family, growing grapes and trading shares.

Cheers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.