All Topics / General Property / New to the game

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of AntoinetteAntoinette
    Participant
    @antoinette

Dear All,
    I have just finished reading Steves book (0 – 130…)and my head is in a spin!!!!. I am so excited and scared because I can’t wait to buy my first investment property. Can anyone give me some advice on what I should do next or where I can get the most direct helpful info. I am the sort of person that will set up spreadsheets with critical data ie. rental trends ect…. Am I going overboard??? and if not what statistics do you deem important! HELP! CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME GUIDANCE

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Antoinette,

Welcome aboard and congratulations on wanting to ‘improve your lot’ – there are many others like you here, doing the same thing.

There is no need to rush headlong into anything so you have got time to make yourself a coffee and take some time thinking about what you do want to achieve from property investment. Believe me it can be a grind and there are time when your courage is required and times when you think ‘why’

For now I suggest you look at https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic/6845.html
    as there are many way to invest in property and some may be more suited to your individual circumstances than others.

You can also spend some time reading more relevant threads on the forum – a search facility in the top left corner of this page will save you time and start ‘educating yourself’

Ultimately you will need to make a decision and buy a property – and this is the time you really start to learn. In saying this – note I am not advocating a headlong ruch into things, nor am I advocating too much research. You will know when the time is just right.

But remember the first property is the ‘hardest’ and don’t be the victim to analysis paralysis.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Agree with Derek..

and don’t buy a property ‘just’ because it’s + geared, ‘research is paramount’..loook at population tends, speak to locals, councils etc..pick a couple of areas and geta ‘feel’for them, make a move when your confident..as most + geared IP’s have low CG and are regional

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of clare kclare k
    Participant
    @clare-k

Hi Antoinette,

I am new to all this too and am finding thois site fantastic as I make my way around it.
    I read the book 0-130 last year and it has taken me this long to position myself ready to take the plunge. Like you I am so excited….can’t wait to get started!!!

Good luck to you.
    Clare
    [email protected]

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hi Clare,

Welcome to the forum. I also agree with Derek and Redwing. I know how excited and nervous you must be – I was in the same boat.

All the best in getting started and don’t hesitate to ask any questions with any hicups you come across in the process.

Best regards,
    Geo.

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.