All Topics / General Property / Transferring NZ property into trust – use lawyer?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of xxxxxx
    @xxx

G’day all, can anyone please recommend a lawyer or conveyancer in NZ?

I’ve just set up my NZ trust and want to transfer my 1 and only IP into it. It’s currently in the names of myself and 3 others but i’m buying them out.

Do people recommend i use a lawyer, or is it pretty straight forward and i can use a conveyancer to save money?

Is there any advantage to using a local person (Wanganui) or can i use anyone?

Thanks [biggrin]

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi xxx

i was talking to a new solicitor today in Dunedin whose rates are the lowest i’ve seen, i haven’t used them but i will in the future.

email me and i’ll hand over their details
    [email protected]
    regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of Michael RMichael R
    @michael-r

Always use a lawyer.

— Michael

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi,

We have used a NZ Accountant to set up our Trust, not a solicitor. I’m sure they are cheaper than a solicitor.

I don’t think you could use a conveyancor. They are not trained in such things.

Also, remember the saying: Pay peanuts, get monkeys (or something like that)!

Del

Profile photo of xxxxxx
    @xxx

Thanks for the info. I’ll definitely use a lawyer for the conveyancing so it’s not mucked up.

Hi Del, I think you misunderstood my question. I’ve already set the trust up (thanks to the good advice i got here [biggrin])

I now want to transfer the IP into the trust.

Originally posted by wilandel:

Hi,

We have used a NZ Accountant to set up our Trust, not a solicitor. I’m sure they are cheaper than a solicitor.

I don’t think you could use a conveyancor. They are not trained in such things.

Also, remember the saying: Pay peanuts, get monkeys (or something like that)!

Del

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.