All Topics / Help Needed! / Need a new bank

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Profile photo of investroninvestron
    @investron

Westpac is giving me the s#*@s.

I have several IP S worth approx 2 M and loans for 500G.

Can anyone recommend a new bank.

Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

ANZ are giving good service atm. But don’t be too hasty. It seems every bank goes through stages – they are all s#*@y for approx 2 months per year as they go through s#*@ cycles.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of calvin_thirty4calvin_thirty4
    Participant
    @calvin_thirty4

LOL

That’s all I can say!!

Cheers

C@34

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Hi Investron
    No need to put up with any financial institution having a lunar cycle or any other kind of cycle.
    St George wagged their tail off to get my business recently, gave me a great deal, and the service has not slacked since, excellent. Will give you the direct contact if you want to PM me.
    I have no vested interest and not a shareholder.
    cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

I have several loans woith several lenders and all are the same *&^% different day. Their aproach to doing things is slightly different with each lender but they are all bad or lacking in some way and some excel in others.

I use a broker based in Sydney and he has also helped with about 30 loans for my clients in the last year. All with a variety of lenders due to which offers the best deal based on individual circumstances.

I suggest that whoever you use, with your low LVR (good one), that a 76% lodoc loan from Adelaide Bank is the best way to go. Damn easy to setup and its 76% interest only too which helps with future serviceability on other loans for your next investments.

Good Luck

DD

Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

As a broker, i see a lot of people who get the shits with their bank and then want to change to another, then a week or so later I see someone else who is with the new bank that the client went to, but they have the shits with this bank and want to change to the one the other guy just left!!! Brokers love these people with the shits as it can mean a lot of new loans.

But i think it is true that they good have their good moments and bad moments.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of investroninvestron
    @investron

I’ve been with WBC for 5 years.
    As soon as they start telling me that they can’t make a decision and have to submit it to someone else, it’s time to leave.

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Not a broker but see and hear this ‘all’ the time…

once the bank has your business they aren’t interested in you! however other banks are falling over themselves for your business… after a while they are in the same position as your original bank, and dont care, whats up with that?

Hey DD..Your clients? what do you do?

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of clare kclare k
    Participant
    @clare-k

Hi Investron,

I am a mortgage broker for Wizard Home Loans. We hear this type of thing all the time from people who are unhappy with their existing banks and the previous comments are accurate….it seems to happen in cycles!! I think also that because the staff are generally paid a salary, they often don’t care what happens after they have your business. I can tell you that our business writers are only paid commission and so if they don’t win your business they don’t eat. We also need to keep your business as branch owners so that we can eat too so we make sure we take care of our existing clients.

This is my first message….hope i did it right!!

Cheers

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek
    Originally posted by clare k:

This is my first message….hope i did it right!!

Hi Clare,

Welcome aboard and you ‘did good’

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of NEWGENNEWGEN
    Participant
    @newgen

My partner and I have both our mortgages through CBA/Colonial.. their service is OK.. nothing to write home about though. We’ve been looking at refinancing and going with St. George because a lot of our friends have their loans with them and I’ve heard many good things about them. I thought I’d test the waters first so I applied for a personal loan (only $10k). Took 20 mins on the phone, went into the bank the next day, signed the loan contract, and the money was in my account :D I tried doing the same with ANZ and NAB but they took AGES! In one case I applied ‘online’ which is meant to ‘streamline’ things.. after 2 weeks there was no progress so I told them where to go. I’ve got an appointment with a St. George loan manager tomorrow, so fingers crossed they can offer me something good :D

Profile photo of ScullyScully
    @scully

We use both St George and Bendigo Bank. We have found both to be excellent on the borrowing money side of things. I think one of the main reasons we haven’t had any problems with St George is because we have an excellent bank manager who understands what we’re trying to do and will go that extra mile to try and get what we need. If you can find someone like that, no matter what bank, I reckon it’s priceless.

Cheers,
    Karen[biggrin]

Profile photo of Genesis01Genesis01
    @genesis01

We’ve been on the Money Lender merry-go-round for the last ten years, its probably the same as with a Property Manager, find a good one to start with, establish a good raport with 1 person in their office and keep on their back if they are not providing the service you want/ expect.

Regards
    Daryl

@investron

The latest in my saga.
    Had a visit today from my bank manager, giving me all sorts of excuses, why they can’t do this and can’t do that.
    I finally found my balls and told him I didn’t really care what they could and could not do, this is what I want and if I don’t get it I’m leaving.

He tried to give me a lot of other excuses, but I cut him off, told him I was busy and showed him the door.

He said he would do his best, I said good !!!
    and off he went, in shock it seemed.

Profile photo of Ali GAli G
    Participant
    @ali_g

I do some mystery shopping work on the side (when I need extra pocket money!) and regularly mystery shop banks. For those of you who don’t know what mystery shopping is, it is a service provided by a company (my employer) to other companies that allows them to check up on their staff. They do this to ensure that their staff say the things they are trained to say and do so with an appropriate manner.

ALL of the big banks use this service and not only do they check up on their own staff, they check the customer service skills and promotion details of other banks (to establish the benchmark).

SO, if this hasn’t already been too long winded, my point is that I have a lot (far too much) of interaction with banks and I spend a lot of time assessing the service(s) that they provide.

And what have I found?

As above, they all have their good times and their bad times. I changed banks as a result of one of my mystery shops (the service I received was outstanding) and then on a subsequent shop I received appalling service from the same branch! This is mirrored in the service provided by call centre staff – the service varies COMPLETELY depending on who happens to grab your call from the neverending queue.

Change banks if it makes you happier and you will get what you want in the short term… just don’t expect that they will continue to bend over backwards for you as everyone seems to attest that they won’t.

Cheers,

Ali G

Profile photo of KrisHKrisH
    @krish

Hi,

I have just joined the website and saw your message. Did you find another lender? If not, I can think of several given the brief info you supplied. I am a mortgage consultant. Good luck.

Kris

@investron

GOOD NEWS

Just got e mail from WBC manager, that after long and hard negotiation by him, the bank has agreed to my requests.

Looks like I’ll probably have to have to do the same thing with them every time from now on.

Thanks for all the replys and offers to help.

Profile photo of Ali GAli G
    Participant
    @ali_g

Good stuff investron! Just goes to show how much persistence pays off!

Cheers,

Ali G

Profile photo of debtdoggdebtdogg
    @debtdogg

We have a St George Lo Doc which we have found good so far. At a certain level you are classified as a Gold client and they offer you a bit more service (direct numbers etc)

We also found Heritage Building Society friendly and helpful but I don’t know how far they extend interstate

m

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.