All Topics / Creative Investing / WRAP Possibility?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of 64smartin64smartin
    Participant
    @64smartin

I currently have one single investment property with good equity. We are considering selling this property to fund renovations on our main home.

As we have had the same tennats for 4 years we are considering the possibility of offering this to them to purchase, but beleive due to some old credit problems they may be unable to get finance from a normal institution.

If they were to agree would it be advisable to pursue WRAP finance for them in this case to assist us with our renos?

We may be on the wrong path?

Profile photo of Scotty BScotty B
    @scotty-b

Hi

Sounds a good case for a wrap.

I’ve never completed one before but as I understand you should still perform a variety of checks to make sure the deal is a safe as possible up front.

I’m sure someone will be able to help you on this forum – I’ll be interest to see what they have to say.

Have you read Steve’s book 0-130????

The wrap product on this website might be a good start[grad]

I live in Karratha and for a fee find quality cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

The trouble with wrapping it is that you will not get the money to do your renos. You may be able to squeeze a small deposit out of the tenant and get extra monthly repayments which will help you, but you won’t get a large lump sum as you would if you sold it.

The credit problems may not be an issue as these only stay on their record for 5 years.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of froginasockfroginasock
    @froginasock

Dear 64smartin
    If you sell your IP through a WRAP agreement dont you still have to pay capital gains tax on the increased value over the past four years.

Just a thought but if you have equity in your investment property you could refinance a portion of it to a line of credit. it would be like getting a credit card @ 6.5%.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.