Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of menam2@bigpond.com[email protected]
    @menam2-bigpond.com

Hi Steve,
    I’ve just read my first newsletter.Great!
    I also love the forum concept.
    You mention property for $40,000, Is this an
    actual figure, are there really properties available [Positively geared] for this, or is this an “example” ?

Thanks Steve,

Annie

AMG

Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

Believe it or not but yes there are properties avalible for $40K. And yes these are houses (though $40K flats can be quite good too).

Rgds.
    Lucifer_au

Profile photo of menam2@bigpond.com[email protected]
    @menam2-bigpond.com

Hi All,
    Can you please suggest the best place to source information about Australian property suitable for positive gearing,low cost and of course with some future growth potential?

[cap]Annie

AMG

Profile photo of brownwombatbrownwombat
    Participant
    @brownwombat

There are properties for aropund $40K. I saw one the other day – $45K – $85 pw rent. The area is screaming for rentals.

Profile photo of sui generissui generis
    @sui-generis

Not sure if there is any CG to be made for property that sells at around $40K. I see that there aplenty of houses for sale around $40K and even less in Qld’s backwaters. But I would guess that they would have a flat CG curve. After all, they are that cheap because nobody is buying there.

The idea is to find such a cheapie in an area that is as yet “undiscovered” , convince yourself that is has plenty of potential for becoming a hotspot, then buy and wait. I’m sure that these places are out there, but they would be a real mental challenge to find.

SG.

Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

sui generis is correct. I buy these houses for cashflow Not for capital gains, other investors here like capital gains over cashflow. It all depends on your strategy.

Rgds.
    Lucifer_au

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.