All Topics / Opinionated! / Misleading, frustrating…

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of TeacherK6TeacherK6
    @teacherk6

Hello all,

Been looking into inner city (Sydney) places as a passing interest, with no real intent to purchase, however i found a studio up for auction next week and it looked pretty good so i thought i would investigate further… What was up for auction was quite different to what was advertised…

The add said 28 sm, it looked / measured more like about 22!, the add said internal laundry, the agent told me that you “could” put the plumbing for a washing machine into one of the built-in’s as it has a side that backs onto the shower recess in the bathroom.. I would doubt that that is even legal seeing as u also need proper draining requirements and electricity outlet!

The bathroom looked anything but “modern” (still had shower curtain!) and it had a store room, however he could not show it to me as the keys were missing. nor could he confirm if it was a room, a cage or the shape it was…

The add proudly boasts Air Conditioning/Heating as its first feature, however the agent told me there was no proof that the unit will work (even though the studio had power)…

THIS TO ME IS A JOKE!!!, he did not have a contract, not even the front page, and he told me thr rental was around $280 pw when my research shows that the figure is more around the $180 mark.

There are obvious instances here where this agent is BREAKING THE LAW, as well as giving false and illegal advice and information as well as advertising that is also misleading…

http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2004551542

Thats the link if your interested…. have others found this problem with what was advertised compared to what they observed???

Jason :)

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Jason- bummer. I wouldn’t buy into that Waine street block. An old gf of mine looked to rent one of them 6 years ago when she was in Australia- and really, they were awful. Also, that particular street is scarey- in terms of physical safety. Basically, that place is an old-fashioned high-rise that has become slum, and is well-known (notorious) in the area. There’s always a number of them for sale.

Also, with BC fees, rates and water, it’s almost $3500 a year cost. Not for a slum, I reckon.

As to misleading advertisements… at the time, my old gf and I looked at renting a place in newtown (before I lived in sydney), and the ad said it had a bathroom… yes it did- but the bathroom had to be shared with the neighbours, and the workers AND CLIENTS of the hairdressers’ shop in front of the apartment!

kay henry

Profile photo of TeacherK6TeacherK6
    @teacherk6

Yeah Kay,

Thanx for the reply, im keeping my cheque book well locked away..if i get a feeling that a place is sus’ then i won’t bother…

And ppl wonder why some agents are not highly regarded…

Jason :)

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Oh but Jason, did you not know that these extra metres are hidden away in the store room?

Well the ad says “store room”, but really they are under-advertising it as it really is a modern media room. Or could be!
    All you got to do is find the key, wait till the neighbours are away on holiday, and then move the wall back a little (or a lot) so you can squeeze your plasma TV in there.
    Imagine your tenants relaxing in their own spacious retreat- now THAT will give you the promised rental return! [biggrin]

Celivia

Profile photo of PhoenixrisingPhoenixrising
    @phoenixrising

“airy outlook onto police centre”

Yeah just what I’ve always dreamed off[biggrin]

Move over harbour ,ocean,etc

Cheers

“When you can walk on water…take the boat”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.