All Topics / Creative Investing / Creative ways to make money…

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 102 total)
  • Profile photo of 1Winner1Winner
    Participant
    @1winner

Can we make money without personal growth?
    The short answer is no.

We can only prosper as far as we have grown as a person, no set of instructions or perfect recipy will add a dollar to our bank acount unless we are ready for it.

Here are some good points about Prosperity by Randy Gage:

Believe in your good before you see it.

Stop taking financial advice from broke people.

Vividly visualize the image what you desire in your mind.

Your wealth will grow only as fast as you do.

Seek mentors who have done what you desire to do.

Seek mentors who have become what you desire to be.

Plant seeds for your future prosperity.

If you have old debts you never paid back – pay them forward.

Give that extra five percent.

Never affirm lack.

May God prosper you always.[biggrin]
    Marc

Profile photo of RoseRose
    @rose

Just wondered – is anyone here network marketing?

Rose
    http://www.elegantdog.biz

Rose

Profile photo of noddiesnoddies
    @noddies

Hi All,[biggrin]

A little bored Bryce?
    Hi crashy,[biggrin]
    I agree and will try and make them shorter. History is dull reading for some people and yet we often use historical data to analyze situations. I also notice that your posts have been less fiery since March. (#;! $# ASIC)

Get a job in a regional centre and your employer will often pay for your accommodation or give you subsidise rent.
    Hi lukis p,[biggrin]
    Your suggestion is along the theme of using others to subsidise rent or Mortgage payments.
    A suggestion previously provided by happy couple[biggrin] uses the same theme.
    You could investigate the suitability of purchasing management rights (permanent or holiday) this includes a real-estate component which you can live in or rent out
    Another way is to provide board to university students or others.

Just wondered – is anyone here network marketing?

Hi Rose,[biggrin]
    We have had some discussion previously on pages 3, 4 and 5 on network marketing with contributions by marc 1, honkeytonk, wow and Y.
    I am a member of a couple of organizations but am not active with them.

Regards
    Bryce Inglis
    Financial Advisor
    [email protected]

Replies on this site are intended as general information only, as any specific investment solutions/advice must only be given in accordance with the requirements set out in the Financial Services Reform Act 2001 and the ASIC guidelines as set out in PS146.An appropriate professional should be consulted for specific advice

@rose

I did a search and read all previous notes about network marketing and most seemed negative. Anyway, I am with Herbalife and just joined USANA – both have wonderful products!

Rose

Rose

Profile photo of 1Winner1Winner
    Participant
    @1winner

Hi Rose, I have a NM business.
    From what you tell, you are now with two different companies, and companies that have competing products. That could be a problem, I don’t know anyone who was able to grow 2 network successfully. You may need to make a choice.

As far as negative comments, you should know by now that the only comments you should listen are from the people that are actively and successfully making a great living in the activity you are interested in.
    If you are interested in Golf ask a Golf expert, if in music, a musician ( not his next door neighbour}, and if in NM someone in your organisation that is high up and willing to share his experience. Your problem may be who to ask if Herbalife expert that wants you out of Usana or Usana expert that wants you out of Herbalife.

If I where you I would look at the compensation system and work out which one is easier to build successfully. Usana has a binary system where people work as a team. That would be my choice, unless you are a sponsor monster and work best on your own.

Marc

@rose

Marc – you are right that I should choose one and looking at how the Network Marketing Plan works for each of them, my choise too would be USANA as it is easier. Last night I had a very long conversation (2 hours) with my up line in Herbalife and he said if I wanted to be a “supervisor” and look at the business seriously I would need to buy 4000 volume points worth of products, that it about $6000 worth plus touchfone and website access for about $100 every month. I asked what I am supposed to do with that much products and basically, I should be selling as well as finding others to do the same.

So my choice is USANA as the products are great and I cannot possibly cope with doing both.

Also, now that I have invested in two IP – I am looking at learning more about shares.

I am trying to create multiple streams of income – lets hope we reap the rewards!!

I just want to be rich enough and have more time with my children – I miss them so much!!

Rose

Rose

Profile photo of noddiesnoddies
    @noddies

Hi All,[biggrin]

I’ve taken a while to recontribute to the forum as I was pondering how to get across the point that risk, or even a discussion about it is not negative, but is simply a matter of identifying what the risk is, and by doing so recognize it and be able to take early preemptive action to mitigate or prevent its affects on us.
    I felt that the discussion was starting to make me feel negative ( I don’t know how you felt)and that it may possibly be time to talk about the steps to take in order to minimize risk caused by the macro picture , so we may be positive about the outcome and await any event that happens with eagerness. Remember there are only two times to invest, during a bust and during a boom.
    We can return to the discussion on other forms of risk later together with identifying signs and what to watch out for. We can also explore defensive measures that can be taken against them.
    I started by discussing budgeting, this was followed by a discussion on goal setting. We addressed credit card debt and touched on network marketing as well as interest rates and briefly looked at the international economic picture as presented by the US and Japan. We discussed how markets can sometimes behave irrationality, and even gave a little bit of a history lesson.

I sometimes entertained (hopefully) and sometimes bored people I but have always tried to discuss issues in simple terms so that the newer less sophisticated forumites could understand, as well as realizing that there are differences present in the wide spectrum of readers here on the forum.
    So to recap briefly,
    Prepare a budget in the usual way, then tear it up and change it from a normal budget into a wealth creation tool. With credit card debt and I address my remarks to those with a balance that never returns to zero. In 2002 we had a credit card debt of $7.3 billion or putting it another way $7,300,000,000.00. Now that looks bigger, there’s a lot of zeros even if I did include the cents.
    According to the AMP report just issued “Household debt in Australia” we have an average savings rate of minus 2%.
    The link to the report is here
    http://www.amp.com.au/group/3column/0,2449,CH5273%255FNI9917%255FSI3,00.html

Goal setting is a necessary to keep focus on our aims. Reward yourself for each step attained. Recording your goals equates to giving your subconscious an instruction, and to carry it out with or without any awareness of the process.
    The economy of the US is in poor shape and will implode in the future. The million dollar question is when this will happen; it’s no longer a Question of if. The Japanese (who after their bust are too frightened to spend their way out of it, even 9-10 years later,) are stagnating.

Will this affect the Australian Economy and what will happen here? This is difficult to answer as there are some similarities and some differences, for instance the home mortgage industry in America is controlled by two large companies Fanny Mae and Farmer Mack who between them control 76% of the market.
    From Barrons Dictionary of Finance and Investment Terms.
    Fannie Mae (Federal National Mortgage Association) publicly owned, government sponsored corporation, is congressionally chartered, share holder owned company and is the largest source of home mortgages in the US

They are set up very differently to our system of banking, in being underwritten by the US government whilst being run as a public company. They are not subject to a regulatory body which limits risk exposure such as the Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority (APRA) http://www.apra.gov.au/ but rather are encouraged to heighten risk (in the interest of shareholders and in particular company directors who hold shares) as the US Government guarantees Fannie Mae against loss. This means the bank can increase return and whilst removing risk from the equation
    Another difference is in their size, together they hold about $6,700,000,000,000.00 ($6.7 Trillion) in mortgages. This is in addition to the US Current Account Deficit of $3.7 Trillion. This is a lot of debt.
    The situation in Australia is quite different with a large number of competitive providers in the mortgage market all regulated to operate in a prudential manner
    Details of the Australian banking industry are found here
    http://www.apra.gov.au/Insight/loader.cfm?url=/commonspot/security/getfile.cfm&PageID=8006

Also interest payments on all properties mortgaged in the US are tax deductible, whereas in Australia there are cost penalties on the purchase (stamp duties) and disposal of property (Capital Gains Tax).This tends to make Australian property less liquid than American properties. Australians tend to buy and hold so that property losses on paper are less likely to be realized. This situation does not apply to New Zealand as there less government taxes applied to the buying and selling of properties.
    Next time I will discuss loan structures to minimize risk.

Regards
    Bryce Inglis
    Financial Advisor
    [email protected]

Replies on this site are intended as general information only, as any specific investment solutions/advice must only be given in accordance with the requirements set out in the Financial Services Reform Act 2001 and the ASIC guidelines as set out in PS146.An appropriate professional should be consulted for specific advice

Profile photo of honkytonkhonkytonk
    @honkytonk

I to am interested in ways to make money but i cant help noticing that many of the ways discussed here all involve considerable investment.

Theres nothing wrong the traditional ways to make money ie proeprty (im soon going to a IP owner myself, but having several income streams is particularly appealing. thats why im getting into property as well.

a means of making moeny thats seems to get some negative responses is network marketing.

Net work marketing as 3 very important attractants.

1 it enalbes ordinarly people to earn the best type of income of all – a royalty type income but without having to mortgage the house and your future to get into it.

3 there is realy no risk due to the low investment

4 – it enables ordinarly people to escape welfare dependancy for good by develping their own income with the help of others, in a supportive environment.

5 there is virtualy no paperwork, the company does 99% of it for you.

6. they give you all the training you want for as long as you want it at no cost you.

7 -You operate in a very supportive enviornemnt. Theres other people who will help you build your busienss.

8 – with the right company you dont need to keep any stock. people you sponser order driect over the net.

Some people have a negative image of network marketing. many people find the above points fall into the category of if-it-sounds-too-good-to-be-true-it-porably-is. thats good dvice, but what about the other rule, the one that says there are exceptions to all rules.

what’s the consequences of not looking into it and it’s as good as i say it is and you dont look into it?.

netowrk marketing is hard work. The downside of network marketing is that most people you share infromation with wont be interested so rejections can be a big problem for many.

there are some good network marketing companies and so not so good companies. the network markting industry has it’s own share of not so good operators so do your due dilligance.

tip – look for a company that has good products, a compenstion where you do not drop back each month.[blink][blink]

Participant
    @1winner

Some good points there honky.

Perhaps the thing that most people who have negative points against NM find hard to overcome, is the fact that their business success equates to their upline’s / sponsor’s success. This, that should be the biggest attraction is in fact the biggest deterrent.

People quickly work out how for each $100 turn over, others benefit with no apparent direct involvement and this thought alone is enough for some to give up on the whole concept, regardless of the fact that such alliance works both ways and that joining a NM business you make very good business partners that will work countless hours for no pay, in order to see your success.

Of course there are many other creative ways to make money. Unfortunately all of them require the ability to celebrate other people’s success beside our own.
    Unless we can see prosperity and riches as something good, a blessing, and not the result of obscure dubious manoeuvring by crook twisted minds borderline on crime, then we will never be able to prosper above the limits we have imposed ourselves through our own bias.
    This limit is apparent by comments like ” $1,xxx…. Is enough for me.” That means simply that whoever makes more than such figure that is acceptable to the author of this thought, must necessarily be product of greed or wrongdoing.
    Money, as a mean of exchange for value added to to other peoples’ life, is an infinite commodity with no limits but our own ability to accept it.
    When I was a kid I was curious about what other peoples income was, and I remember thinking how much fun it would be to see above peoples head a figure representing such persons income.

I know today that such figure exists in our mind, we have, each one of us, a blueprint of our finances, a “figure” we have come to accept as our value and it is such blueprint that fences in our ability to produce more than that limit.
    So if you want a creative way to make more money, start by eliminating the limits you have imposed to yourself. Add one, two three zeros to such figure to start with, and eliminate all the negative thoughts about the “obscenity” of other peoples income.
    That by itself, is the best head-start you can get.

Marc

Profile photo of wayneLwayneL
    @waynel

<<<<BELCH>>>>

Typically delusional MLM garbage…not that you can’t make money….but the reality is entirely different to the propaganda.

<<<<taking cover :-X >>>>>

Participant
    @1winner
    Originally posted by wayneL:
    [brTypically delusional MLM garbage…not that you can’t make money….but the reality is entirely different to the propaganda.

Interesting.
    Yet if you qualify the above as garbage, you must not limit it to Network Marketing since the principles I comment on from time to time, far from being an invention of the NM industry, are in fact the foundation of personal development applied to any industry, sport, arts or rehabilitation program you care to think of.

Every single person that has ever succeeded in something has applied this principles knowingly or not. I think you must review your values, it seems that they are not doing you any favours.

Unless you can be happy about Aussie Home Loans Simon, building his 40 millions house and wish him good luck in purchasing the nature strip between his house and the water from the council, unless you get exited about your neighbour buying that new Mercedes or adding that 1928 Bentley to his collection, your success will be limited by your own mental handicaps. And that has little to do with Network Marketing, all to do with the way prosperity happens.

Marc

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

I would not consider Aussie Home Loans a product of Network Marketing but more so Direct Marketing and excellent timing.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

M: 0414 347 771
    E: [email protected]
    W: http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au

FREE Finance-Related Newsletter: See – http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au/index_files/newsletter.htm

Comments made are of a general nature and should not be construed as individual advice.

© 2004 Mortgage Packaging Pty Ltd

Participant
    @1winner
    I would not consider Aussie Home Loans a product of Network Marketing

[biggrin]
    Well you are spot on there!

Hum… am I such a bad comunicator?[confused2]

Marc

@waynel
    Originally posted by Marc1:

Originally posted by wayneL:
    [brTypically delusional MLM garbage…not that you can’t make money….but the reality is entirely different to the propaganda.

Interesting.
    Yet if you qualify the above as garbage, you must not limit it to Network Marketing since the principles I comment on from time to time, far from being an invention of the NM industry, are in fact the foundation of personal development applied to any industry, sport, arts or rehabilitation program you care to think of.

Every single person that has ever succeeded in something has applied this principles knowingly or not. I think you must review your values, it seems that they are not doing you any favours.

Unless you can be happy about Aussie Home Loans Simon, building his 40 millions house and wish him good luck in purchasing the nature strip between his house and the water from the council, unless you get exited about your neighbour buying that new Mercedes or adding that 1928 Bentley to his collection, your success will be limited by your own mental handicaps. And that has little to do with Network Marketing, all to do with the way prosperity happens.

Marc

Marc1

I am in too lazy a mood, too goo into a point by point destruction of the the above NM benefit analysis… but 2 points.

1/ That’s twice you have refered to me as “Simon”, whereas my username clearly states “wayneL”. What gives?

2/ Once again, you indulge in amatuer pychoanalysis. Whilst I may have mental handicaps, as I am sure every person on the planet has, I gaurantee you, that they are entirely different to what you are hypothesising over.

You do not know whether my values are doing me any favours or not, for you cannot. I do not give a stuff about the neighbors merc or his bentley or his status anxiety.

You do not know the level of my wealth. I may be able to buy and sell you several times a day. I may even be a 15 year kid sitting in an internet cafe trolling around and making mischief. You do not know.

So please ask yourself a question marc1. Is that Amway(or whatever) book of the month you read last year on psycoanalysis, really enlightened you at at all? It would appear not!

Cheers

Participant
    @1winner

[biggrin][biggrin][biggrin][biggrin][biggrin]

Wayne…(or is it Wine?)… you made me laugh this time !!

The fact that you don’t recognise the wealth principles in what I write, and choose to be irritated by them, only confirms the making of your subconscious mind.

I am not sure where do you think I called you Simon.
    It does not take too much imagination to understand I made a spelling error and that “Aussie Home Loans’ Simon” is in fact Symond, John Symond that is.

If you happen to be building a harbour water front house for 40 Millions, then I can understand your confusion, and I celebrate your prosperity… otherwise … ??[dazed]

Have a Happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year.
    If you don’t like what I write, all you need to do is ignore it.[cigar]

Marc

@waynel

<<Wayne…(or is it Wine?)… you made me laugh this time !!>>

Do you mean “Whine”? If you do, that is a fairly petty and childish insult…quite beneath you.

<<The fact that you don’t recognise the wealth principles in what I write, and choose to be irritated by them, only confirms the making of your subconscious mind.>>

Oh I recognise “wealth principles”…and I am not irritated by correct ones. But I like to point out bullshit when it occurs.

Regarding my subconcious mind: I can only be mocking of your purported knowledge of the same. Quite ludicrous!

<<I am not sure where do you think I called you Simon.
    It does not take too much imagination to understand I made a spelling error and that “Aussie Home Loans’ Simon” is in fact Symond, John Symond that is.>>

An innocent mistake in both your spelling and punctuation, and my interpretation of them. I retract.

<<If you happen to be building a harbour water front house for 40 Millions, then I can understand your confusion, and I celebrate your prosperity… otherwise … ??>>

Ummm, no desire to build a 40 million mansion. Unless it could somehow sustainably benefit our planet or the creatures (humans included) that reside here. But that is not likely.

<<Have a Happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year.>>

And to you :)

<<If you don’t like what I write, all you need to do is ignore it.>

And pass up on a good old fashioned dust up?

Cheers

@waynel

Oh, and here’s something for those obsessed with wealth priniples and $40 million mansions.

“One final paragraph of advice: Do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am — a reluctant enthusiast… a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it’s still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: You will outlive the bastards.”

–Edward Abbey

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

he sounds like he is envious of the desk bound men and would secretly like a $40m mansion.

Extensive list of ‘Off The Plan’ property available for sale in Perth.

John – 0419 198 856

Profile photo of stargazerstargazer
    Participant
    @stargazer

Hi All

Great thread and some good points.

MMMM Network Marketing
    Well i knew a woman that made it big she went from $2000 a month to $80000 a month in the space of 2years.

What were the secrets of her success:
    -She had a system
    -She talked to people
    -She phoned people
    -She lived and breathed it
    -She was a great motivator
    -She picked her people like a board of directors
    -She asscociated with peoples people
    -She only signed up go getters
    -She faked her wealth till she made it
    -She set Goals
    -She worked up to 90hrs a week in the early days
    -She now works 10hrs a week
    -She kept to a simple system
    -She said the most important thing it has to be duplicable so every one can do it.(KISS)
    -She recognised the company had something unique about its product.
    -The product was consumable.
    -The system was to help you make money
    -The system could make you rich
    -She was so focussed no distractions
    -She made sure she would qualify her propspects

She sponsored over 60 people herself
    About 40 were like shooting stars
    about 10 were like comets
    about 5 were gold
    and the rest were diamonds
    These were her expressions.
    The last 10 created downlines 8 times the size of the other 50.

This she had forecast and she understood this business i feel as she said
    (20% will do more thatn the 80% combined.)

She had been in two NW companies before she struck it rich.

Was she the person that works at the local factory with a fag in her mouth and rollers in her hair you know
    “anyone can do it.”
    NO She was professional in all ways.

A bit of food for thought if you apply yourself to any endeavour.

regards
    alf

@waynel

Great stuff Alf,

That sounds more like the reality of NM and how to do it successfully…or as you point out, any business.

$80,000 a month within 2 years is a big number though. Is that verifiable?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 102 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.