All Topics / Forum Frolic / You know you’re living in 2004 when…

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of Brenda IrwinBrenda Irwin
    Participant
    @brenda-irwin

You know you’re living in 2004 when… .
    Funny enough most of these points are correct.

1 You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.

2 You haven’t played solitaire with real cards in years.

3 You have a list of 16 phone numbers to reach your family of 4.

4 You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.

5 Your reason for not staying in touch with friends is that they don’t have e-mail addresses.

6 When you go home after a long day at work you still answer the phone in a business manner.

7 When you make phone calls from home, you accidentally dial ” 0 ” to get an outside line.

8 You’ve sat at the same desk for four years and worked for three different companies.

10 You learn about your redundancy on the 11 o’clock news.

11 Your boss doesn’t have the ability to do your job.

12 Contractors outnumber permanent staff and are more likely to get long-service awards. AND…………..

13 You read this entire list, and kept nodding and smiling.

14 As you read this list, you think about forwarding it to your “friends.”

15 You got this email from a friend that never talks to you anymore, except to send you jokes from the net.

16 You are too busy to notice there was no number 9

17 You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn’t a number 9

18 AND NOW U R LAUGHING at yourself.[biggrin]

If you want to get out of a hole, first stop digging.

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Thanks Brenda! I like that one- I alomost even smiled, but then I realised I don’t actually smile in 2004- I just use emoticons to express my feelings, so I don’t stretch my real life face, so I did this instead: [biggrin]

kay henry

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Funnyyyyyyyyy Brenda!

This one is spot on!
    Your reason for not staying in touch with friends is that they don’t have e-mail addresses.

Hehe I seldom write letters!
    Today I needed to write someone a letter, and was appalled at my own handwriting!

Celivia

@kay-henry

hehe Cel… is your handwriting a bit (s)crappy?

kay henry

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

HAHAHA yes you could say that. :)))))

I hope that the person who will be reading this letter has curtains that can open wide- he will be needing a lot of bright light.

Celivia

Profile photo of Brenda IrwinBrenda Irwin
    Participant
    @brenda-irwin

Point number 15 was the most pertinent, for me. My sister and I rarely talk anymore, but she is always sending me jokes from the net. So tonight, I rang her up and we talked for over an hour. Just as well I have a flat fee on my STD phone rates.

If you want to get out of a hole, first stop digging.

@kay-henry

Yep Brenda, and you don’t feel very special when you get an email titled “FWD: FWD: FWD: FWD:…”

I have a numbers thing… I have to remember so many numbers at work- photocopy code, office door code, STD access code, and I fear if I lose my work diary, then I lose my entire corporate memory [guilty]

Mu bunch of keys looks like I am a prison warden- but how does it happen that I forget that bunch of keys every few weeks and lock myself out of my house?

I also hate it when I answer my home phone with a catsbum voice and say “kay speaking”- it’s embarrassing!

And why do I have 4 email addresses? How many ether addresses do I need before I can feel at home?

kay henry

Profile photo of elika7264elika7264
    @elika7264

Thanks Brenda,

couldn’t stop laughing.[biggrin]

Helen

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

I agree Brenda,
    1. I don’t have a microwave. I have a microwave fireplace. When I get home I lay down in front of the fireplace for 3 minutes.
    2. I press redial on my mobile phone now and it has a nervous breakdown.
    3. Sometimes people can’t hear me because sometimes I’m in parenthesis.
    4. I went and bought some batteries, but they weren’t included. So I had to buy them again.
    5. I parked my car in a tow away zone. When I got back the entire area was gone.
    6. I got a ticket for speeding. I was told didn’t I know that the speed limit is 60 km and hour? I said yeah but I wasn’t going to be out that long.
    Cheers,
    Gatsby.

@kay-henry

Here’s one doing the rounds about living in sydney:

“You can make more than $100,000 a year and still can’t afford a house; you never bother looking at the train timetable because you know the drivers have never seen it either; you order organic fruit and vegetables online, but eat takeaway every night, anyway; you spend more money on your coffee machine than on your washing machine; your taxi driver was a micro-surgeon before he migrated to Australia; and, a great parking space can move you to tears.”

hehe- I like it :)) Shallow mob we are.

kay henry

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.