All Topics / Help Needed! / sending funds to NZ

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of pplaterpplater
    @pplater

I have just purchased my fist prop in NZ I got my bank to wire transfer to my solicitor in NZ,BUT somewhere along the phone line my money is stuck .
    can anyone tell me the best way to transfer between countries

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi wmcd

i’m using ozforex

look at http://www.ozforex.com.au

regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of CastleDreamerCastleDreamer
    Participant
    @castledreamer

ozforex again!!!

CastleDreamer
    “+CF properties in NZ available now, email CastleDreamer or Minimogul”

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

I have an ANZ account over there – so I just go into an ANZ branch here and get them to deposit into my account and I get a receipt for it – if it fails to go through, there in big trouble cause I have my receipt.

cheers
    Geo.

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Profile photo of josephfokjosephfok
    @josephfok

I have been walking into my local bank (both NAB and CBA) and ask for telegraphic transfer, they charges $28 a pop, so as long as you manage your finance so you aren’t transfering every week, you will be fine. They give you a proper receipt, so shouldn’t be much of a problem as long as you have the full name and the correct account number of the person you are transfering to.

Now if I only work out how to transfer money back……

@westan

Hi Guys

i’d encourage anyone wanting to transfer money to at least look at the rates that you can get from ozforex site mentioned above, i saved hundreds by using them on a recent transfer. Its not just the charge (my was free because it was over 20,000) it is also the rates they give you for the dollar.

regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of pplaterpplater
    @pplater

thanks westan
    well my solicitor finaly got the money 12 days late (better late than never) now I have a late settlement fine,thanks to all who replied ,
    $258.00 , too small amount for ozforex so I rang around the banks to see who gave internet overseas transfers , westpac does , great I thought went down and opened a westpac account..easy.. log on to do the transfer..not easy.. you need to apply for this service takes 5 days F!@#… rang ozforex and beged, whould you please take off 2k min on tranfers “YES” no problem sir.
    I still go a good rate and it cost $15 less than westpac.
    ozforex had rung me before I had even printed off the docs for the transfer WOW what service,I know where I’m going next time and it’s not to any bank…

@westan

Hi wmcd

good to hear some people are human out there and will bend the rules to help out.

Its interesting that ozforex were so helpful, i’ve actually found their service (on the small number of occasions i’ve used them) to be excellent. I don’t say that very often about companies.

regards westan

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

wow, I’m impressed….

19 November 2001

Small businesses and consumers are losing millions of dollars in foreign exchange transactions each year by dealing through Australia’s uncompetitive mainstream providers, according to Australia’s fastest growing provider of online foreign exchange services, OzForex (www.ozforex.com.au).

Managing Director of OzForex, Mr Matthew Gilmour, this month conducted a simple test to shed light on the plight of smaller foreign exchange customers.

OzForex canvassed forex quotes from six major providers – five banks and one non-bank – to buy 8,000 British Pounds to send to the UK by telegraphic transfer. The results showed the best provider on the day charged a margin of around 1.2 per cent on the underlying “Interbank” rate, with the worst provider charging a margin of over 2.0 per cent.

Each 1.0 per cent of margin equates to around A$230 of extra cost on the British Pound purchase, before additional transfer costs are paid.

“Thousands of small and medium-sized businesses around Australia are doing exactly these sorts of transactions through their banks every week, often resulting in thousands of dollars extra cost each year,” Mr Gilmour said. “For the privilege they get to stand in queues and deal with staff who often know little about foreign exchange.”

“OzForex aims to be the ‘Aussie Home Loans’ of the foreign exchange industry. We think we can bring a better deal to smaller customers who are neglected by the banks and other large industry providers.”

Since its launch in April 1998, Sydney-based OzForex has become one of the world’s leading online forex services, with over 100,000 visitors per month.

The company’s growing client base includes small and medium-sized businesses that import and export goods, as well as immigrants and expatriates moving countries, and individuals investing overseas who want to hedge their investments against currency movements.

Mr Gilmour said that unlike the share market, where investors big and small have access to the same price to buy or sell shares, foreign exchange is not a level playing field.

“Generally only the banks know exactly where the ‘real’ market is, and price transparency depends very much on where you are in the food chain,” he said.

“Larger corporate and institutional customers can see and deal at professional market rates – but smaller customers have little idea where the real market is, and deal on rates that can cost them hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars more than necessary on each transaction. While it is fair that smaller volume deals attract a different price, most customers would be shocked at the size of these margins and the dollars involved.”

OzForex aims to bring both the service and the pricing enjoyed by the “big end of town” to smaller businesses and individuals. Mr Gilmour said this was being achieved by employing highly efficient systems, providing “a vast amount” of information to clients via the website and, most importantly, by making sure clients have access to personal service.

As well as enabling customers to arrange foreign exchange deals online, the site provides an array of resources to help people manage their transactions. These include ongoing commentary on market movements, real time currency charts and SMS messaging to customers’ mobile phones when pre-set currency target levels have been reached.

The website also contains over 300 pages of free currency information, with dynamic content including spot quotes, historical rate data and a variety of calculators.

“OzForex is all about bringing better understanding and price transparency to the foreign exchange market, so customers can get fair prices on their deals,” Mr Gilmour said.

Through Internet marketing and word of mouth, the site is already the largest currency website in Asia with over 4,000 users daily.

The site also has syndicated content to over 400 other websites globally including, http://www.monster.com.au, http://www.webwombat.com.au, http://www.property.com.au and http://www.Austarnet.com.au.

This month OzForex also sealed a further partnership deal with Australia’s Gift and Homeware Association (www.agha.com.au) to provide foreign exchange services to its 1,200 members.

joy to the world

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.